+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Assombalonga's goal

Assombalonga's goal

Im just back of hols so sorry if this has been discussed but top goal as it was does was anyone else thinking what the **** is keogh doing. He was marking assombetc right on the edge of our 18 yard box and left him to double up on antonio leaving him wide open. It made it all very simple. Im not a keogh basher and i thought other than the goal he had a good game, but i sighed when he left the 5.5 mill striker on his tod, it had to be a goal after that (although assombetc made it harder with his 1st touch)

re: Assombalonga's goal

Agree completely...he actually had a great game including brilliant saving header under our bar..but he was a bit headless for their goal...think Jake already had Antonio under control but made it easy for them.

Actually we were stretched from the moment Forsyth got stuck upfield but can't be his fault as we should have enough cover.

For all their possession we actually defended pretty well but not really a game you can take many insights out of because it was so typically frantic.

Got to assume most players have still got another 20% to achieve last years standards - some more!

I have to ask where was our world class holding midfielder?
    Oh yes out of position again and maybe that was why Keogh struggled in that situation.
    Never mind he had a good game against Fulham so he must be brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryRam
    Oh yes out of position again and maybe that was why Keogh struggled in that situation.
    Have to agree vexed one! Eustace had only just arrived in camera shot as the Ass man was wheeling away in delight!

Problem is I still need to be convinced that we currently have someone who can slot into that role and do a better job, Hughes is wasted there and needed further forward and Mascarell hasn't done enough yet to convince me that he can be our 'midfield reducer'!

Why did it have to be Thorne who got injured?

Quote Originally Posted by Fletch_11
    Have to agree vexed one! Eustace had only just arrived in camera shot as the Ass man was wheeling away in delight!

Problem is I still need to be convinced that we currently have someone who can slot into that role and do a better job, Hughes is wasted there and needed further forward and Mascarell hasn't done enough yet to convince me that he can be our 'midfield reducer'!

Why did it have to be Thorne who got injured? [/quote]

Well Shotton certainly cannot play right full-back so how about him at CDM?

Quote Originally Posted by Fletch_11

Why did it have to be Thorne who got injured? [/quote]

Exactly... I agree with Ella, hopefully SM is working hard on this in training and Shotton will be the man.

The Thorne loss is massive...

After Martin the next biggest loss had to be thorne. Id be confident of top 6 with thorne as it is im hopeful of it at best. Right now eustace is our best option it seems but im all for giving shotton a try there.

Problem is we need a blend of two players to make up for the loss of Thorne - we need a holding midfielder with an ability to play a quick passing game and we can't provide that with Eustace / mascarell or Hughes each brings an element of that but not the whole package.

Suppose that's what you get for £2m+

Shotton would be ok with the defensive parts but not sure about his passing ability in such an important position. It's a problem for S Mc that needs sorting & quickly. If Eustace hasn't got the legs for mid week games & Omar is too light weight then maybe give Shotton a go. How long until Thorne is back!!!???

Was grant wrong footed?
    I like granty and think he has done well...sometimes he doesn't even move though when beaten...not even a token dive?
    I am not a keeper expert , but sometimes it does look strange...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)