+ Visit Bolton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sounds Woeful!!!

Sounds Woeful!!!

Just got back from Newcastle. Caught most of the first half on Radio Manc in the car and now the first bit of the second half.

Sounds terrible. From the commentary they are taking us apart

Best bit of the commentary is Jack Dearden and Super John McGinlay discussing Freedman's position if we don't win!!!

re: Sounds Woeful!!!

Just as I type it we score!!!

I don't care if we win i still want Freedman out JJ he is killing our club!

I desperately want us to win.

Tonights result shouldn't have a bearing on Dougie's position. The previous results should have done. But they won't

Well I'm really happy that we won but it will be interesting to see if we were as bad as the commentary suggested????

Frigging hell! That was nerve jangling stuff that in that second half, but what a relief!

Rotherham offered nothing until they scored from their free kick in the first half, It looked a soft foul for their free kick though. We were not very good in the first half, but I felt we deserved to go in at the break level.

The second half was totally different though, it was real end to end stuff and Mason should have scored 5, he had two more brilliant chances after he score his hat-trick but I'm not complaining.

Dougie's substitutions probably won us the game though, Chungy was fantastic when he came on and Feeney contributed well too.

Mavies had a very good game and I really like the look of Dervite, who looks a really commanding central defender. Moxey so far is bobbins though and tends to be out of position a lot. Ream is obviously struggling at right back and the sooner McNaughton returns, the better.

Dougie lives to fight another day and let's just hope his team selection and forma

Ok, we won , but it was despite of Freedman, not because of him.

Playing Ream at right back when he only uses his right foot to stand on totally and utterly upsets any kind of balance the team has, and thats not a lot.

We made hard work of winning a game we should have taken care of quite easily. And yet we made Rotherham look a good team,.

Cracking hat trick from Mason, Super John or Nat would have been proud of that one. He could have scored a couple more.

I thought Dervite had a good game and looks a useful signing.

There was massive panic when we went in front and let them equalise almost straight away. Then panicked again when we scored the third.

It leaves us in limbo, it gives Dougie a reprieve, that's not good.

Frustrating really.

If Dougie was gonna buy himself more time tonight, I'd like to have seen more evidence that we might have turned a corner. I don't think we have, and I'm sure normal service will resume soon in terms of results.

We were all over the place defensively throughout the match as usual. What won it for us was the decision to completely go for it in the second half. At one point, we had Mavies, Feeney, Lee, CDavies and Mason all on the pitch. I'm surprised Freedman didn't come out in a rash, but fair play to him.

I watched the first half on't internet, mainly because I'm a sad bar steward but I wanted to see what all the fuss was about. It looks like I watched the wrong half.

It was one of the worst halves of football (from a Bolton perspective) I've seen for quite a while. No cohesion and no urgency in possession or without possession. Some of the players just looked like they didn't want to be there and the passing was absolutely terrible.

Rotherham looked poor but they took the lead (and for me it was a free kick) and Bolton didn't look like they would score.

The morale looked non existent but the main thing for me was the lack of urgency. You don't need to be world class to give 100 percent.

It was only one half of football but from that showing I can see why the majority of you are so angry. It doesn't look good at all.

Now you know what we've been moaning about Stan and why so many of us are desperate to see the back of Dougie.When we went for it in the second half and brought Lee and Feeney on we looked pretty good at times and I can't remember enjoying a half of football as much for yonks.Why doesn't Dougie get it, his system plainly doesn't work and is sending us towards League 1 as more and more fans stop coming to watch the drivel he serves up. We can't defend to save our lives anyway but when the crowd gets behind the team and we are really going for it like in the 2nd half tonight the whole atmosphere changes. The crowd gets behind the team like it used to and everybody forgets about barracking Dougie and getting on the players backs.
    We all know it's going to be back to normal again though come Saturday but Dougie just bought himself some more time. - view external link

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)