+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: O/T android tv boxes

O/T android tv boxes

hello all,noticed on here yesterday talk of watching the bolton game via an android tv box, what exactly can you watch with these boxes?, also can the performance be affected if like me sometimes get slow internet. thanks.

re: O/T android tv boxes

You can watch almost anything on them really (latest films sky and bt sports)They are good but would advise on getting one if you don't have a good internet connection. I did watch the Bolton game on it last night but you can use laptop for that if you type in wiziwig TV

thanks stag miller

What's the pic and reliability like for sky sports on these? Any better than the Internet? Tempted if so but happy with pc if not. Ta

Same as PC. Good but not brilliant. The PC is probably a bit better as the box hasn't got all the relevant flash players built in like on pc's. I paid a little extra for mine because it's got a one click install that downloads everything onto it (as other boxes you have to Phaff around installing bits and bobs onto it) and a little Ariel for the wi-fi (which supposedly gives a better connection)

It's also got lot of TV series full episodes on as well and the latest film releases. It's not perfect but for £70 it's a good piece of kit.

The simple sensible answer and the gift is the channels:

Had one for for 4mths now so already 3mth subscription in front. - view external link

i believe this is the one to own ,,,seen it in action and very very good ,,,just saying like

check out sales history,,you wont be alone - view external link

So how do these f5s boxes work then? In idiot speak?? Do you need a satellite dish? And do you get sky sports with them in reliable picture? Never heard of em so info appreciated.

If you don't want to splash out on a set top box (although some are very cheap to buy now), you could consider purchasing a "Now TV" 24 hour pass, when Rotherham are on Sky. For £10 you get access to all the Sky Sports channels. Living in London, I watched the play off semi finals, against Preston, on my desk top. The picture quality was absolutely fine.Helps if you've got a good sized monitor though. Mine is standard size but it really didn't matter - still enjoyed watching the games, sitting at my computer with a beer.