+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Blackburn Match Thread

re: Blackburn Match Thread

Dawkins linking of play last night was fantastic –*I think that's the best I've seen him play.

John Eustace had his best game of the season, he held his position magnificently.

2 players who I've been critical of so far this season.

I couldn't believe my eyes in the first half –*THE FLUENCY IS BACK!

Quote Originally Posted by sheeeeeeeeeep
    Won 3 drawn 3 lost 1 and in 7th place after 7 games and we have played 4 teams in the top 10. Not bad at all really.

Ah but on a "like for like" basis are we doing better than this time last season??

Quote Originally Posted by wristslasher_909
    John Eustace had his best game of the season, he held his position magnificently.
    can we have more of this please?

;-)

Quote Originally Posted by RamFromCornwall
    Double sub - Ibe and Russell on for Dawkins and Ward.

Great game by Wardy again. Dawkins did nothing, again.
    I thought Dawkins had a great game, his link up play with the other players was a joy to watch, the best stuff we have played all season, were you watching the right feed?

Everyone else on all other forums seems to be saying what a good game Dawks had and rightly so.

I'm guessing you are probably one of these that boo him for no reason then say nothing at all when someone like Russell plays no better game after game (like this season).[/quote]

I don't think Dawkins is good enough and rate other attackers in our side above him. You may like him & think he's good, that's fair enough, that's your opinion. Please don't come on here as your first post and dismiss other people's opinions and claim I boo our own pl

I was looking for a live stream that would work and it loaded just as we were getting ourselves back in position after equalising, so missed the first two goals. But from what I've seen of the game so far, we've been all over them and comfortable and our lead is well deserved. Hughes is playing well. I really don't know what McClaren sees in Dawkins, I'll reserve judgement in case he steps up his game in the second half but in my opinion he's without a shadow of a doubt the worst player in our squad.

RamfromCornwall, I usually like your posts but the last sentence proposing that Dawkins is the WORST PLAYER IN THE SQUAD is ludicrous.
    He played a major part last season and most agree he has struggled in recent games. He seems to have lost the ability to find space and to never choose the right pass or have a shot. But he is really skilful and commentators and fans there last night say he played well.

Its interesting to rea

I'm not saying he's a bad player I just think in terms of other options in that position he's least influential. Maybe wording it as the worst player in the squad was my mistake but I think should he get a long term injury for example (not hoping he does by the way) then he wouldn't be missed as much as most other players in our team.

I don't know what it is but when he has the ball there never seems to be a sense of urgency and I think a lot of his game still needs improving a lot. He's not young, he's 26 and there must be a reason why the only other time he's had a string of games in a side in 9 years is at San Jose in the MLS.

Obviously it's clear a lot of people disagree with me and think Dawkins is a good player, and fair enough but in my opinion I don't rate him. I'd be all too happy for him to prove me wrong this season and would be the first to admit I was wrong if he's pivotal to a successful season. Good luck to him.

Welcome to the board by the way. I'm sure the standards of your posts will increase the longer you're here
    I doubt it lol, I only joined cos I thought after the stick Dawkins had got he deserved a bit of support after that performance, described in the Telegraph as his best of the season.

To be fair he was injured on and off for the most part of the run in but as you say he was consistent while on loan, which is when we didn't have Thorne in the team either, he more or less came in just as Dawkins became unavailable.

I think Russell benefited from Thorne's presence immensely and as we can see has struggled without him in the team.

But like you say, if you didn't think he was any good last night you never will as that is what he is all about, superb link up play and great eye catching football.

He was actually ghosting past players as if they weren't there last night and set up the first goal, dribbling past his mark

Quote Originally Posted by crosstothefarside

Welcome to the board by the way. I'm sure the standards of your posts will increase the longer you're here
    I doubt it lol, I only joined cos I thought after the stick Dawkins had got he deserved a bit of support after that performance, described in the Telegraph as his best of the season.

To be fair he was injured on and off for the most part of the run in but as you say he was consistent while on loan, which is when we didn't have Thorne in the team either, he more or less came in just as Dawkins became unavailable.

I think Russell benefited from Thorne's presence immensely and as we can see has struggled without him in the team.

But like you say, if you didn't think he was any good last night you never will as that is what he is all about, superb link up play and great eye catching football.

He was actually ghosting past players as if they weren't there last n

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)