+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Martin

re: Martin

He has looked pretty mardy the last 2 games, this isn't good cos he'd probably play better if he's happy. Happy or not though he's our most important player, easily.

Quote Originally Posted by triz
    He has looked pretty mardy the last 2 games, this isn't good cos he'd probably play better if he's happy. Happy or not though he's our most important player, easily.
    You's think he'd be quite chirpy having signed a 4 year deal, but that's just not Martin.

My point was'n dropping Martin on a regular basis. Just give him a rest, I thought Martin looked a bit tired today. I agree he is essential to our play, but I think Best also could do a job if he got match fitness. What if Marin is injured? More likely to happen if he never get a break. Worked for Ward, didn't it...

Quote Originally Posted by Tronderram
    My point was'n dropping Martin on a regular basis. Just give him a rest, I thought Martin looked a bit tired today. I agree he is essential to our play, but I think Best also could do a job if he got match fitness. What if Marin is injured? More likely to happen if he never get a break. Worked for Ward, didn't it...
    Rest him in the cup, he's too important in the league.

He's just a bloody international break! He should be able to play two games with a 3 day break at this stage of the season. Yes he was in the Scotland squad over the break but didn't play, so it'll be no different to if he had trained with us over the break.

Quote Originally Posted by Tronderram
    martin didn't get much of a rest last season and seemed to do ok, particularly in the end of season play offs v brighton! :-P

you really can't compare his situation to ward's. ward's hamstrings have been like paper all of his career. he needs to be wrapped in cotton wool otherwise they go and he's out for 3 months at a time.

I agree we'll see the best of...best when he gets a good run in the team and gets match fit. however, it's not our prerogative to further leon best's career it's about doing what's best for our team and that's chris martin up front. if god forbid martin were to get injured we'd have to go with

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)