+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Solskjaer could leave Cardiff today

Solskjaer could leave Cardiff today

Reports everywhere that he'll lose his job today, Pulis is the favourite to replace him but chances are, if Ole does go then they'll be managerless when they come to our place on Saturday. Does the (potential) sacking of Ole work in our favour or theirs?

I think that now is a good time to play them, they haven't done well of late compared to expectation and so far Fulham have been beaten by everybody they've played but Cardiff. Pulis is the favourite to take over should today be Ole's last but I don't expect he'll be in for the game on Saturday.

re: Solskjaer could leave Cardiff today

Looks like he'll walk.

And yes it's a good time to play them. Even if he's around for Saturday, I don't think his heart will be in it. If he's gone, Pullis will take over week, so they'll be kind of rudderless on Saturday.

Given your away win at Ewood, you'll be disappointed if it isn't followed by another 3 points at 5pm Saturday.

Yep, whether they have Ole or no manager, I'd still rate us as favourites and be disappointed if we don't take all 3 points at home after a couple of good performances and results away from home.

I think should we win, then 7 points from your lot and Blackburn away, and Cardiff at home would be a very good return.

I'm a little bit more cautious. how often have we seen teams lose their manager and then get an immediate response from the players? too often.

SSN breaking the news that he's gone. Unless they swiftly bring in someone else tomorrow, they'll be managerless for our game on Saturday.

Just been sacked. Could've waited a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Rapid
    I'm a little bit more cautious. how often have we seen teams lose their manager and then get an immediate response from the players? too often.
    Exactly. A very hard game now. Lets hope we play to our max, so they don't stand a chance.

This is not good news. Ole was never going to survive long but they are stuttering, struggling to find form and were getting themselves into a nice little rut - just in time to visit the ipro.

Now, 2 days before the game, that 'rut' has been jolted. Unless the players are devastated that the manager has gone, which I presume they're not as they haven't exactly jumped through hoops for the guy, then they will be in a different mind set for Saturday.

That may not be enough to stop us winning, who knows. But the psychology of the game has changed and if Cardiff perform differently on the day then it's only going to be better.

None of that is great news for us. However, if a new manager is announced or a 'potential' manager is known to be watching then we have a big problem.

And if they already have someone in mind then the deal could be done for the weekend, even if the new guy doesn't officially start until Monday.

Remember how quick Mac was installed.

[quote="Ramondo"]This is not good news. Ole was never going to survive long but they are stuttering, struggling to find form and were getting themselves into a nice little rut - just in time to visit the ipro.

Now, 2 days before the game, that 'rut' has been jolted. Unless the players are devastated that the manager has gone, which I presume they're not as they haven't exactly jumped through hoops for the guy, then they will be in a different mind set for Saturday.

That may not be enough to stop us winning, who knows. But the psychology of the game has changed and if Cardiff perform differently on the day then it's only going to be better.

None of that is great news for us. However, if a new manager is announced or a 'potential' manager is known to be watching then we have a big problem.

And if they already have someone in mind then the deal could be done for the weekend, even if the new guy doesn't officially start until Monday.

Remember how quick Mac

Quote Originally Posted by Rapid

whats is got a result against Man U for us didnt he, happens all the time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)