+ Visit Nottingham Forest FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Scottish Independence Referendum - How will it go?

The Scottish Independence Referendum - How will it go?

A thread for the results and predictions for the vote today (Will be moved to AOB later)

Several hours to go before the polls close and the counting starts.

How will it end?

I hope it's a No, not because I don't think the Scots don't have a right to be independent, but because I just can't see them prospering under the SNP.

Alex Salmond is looking smug, I think the voters will give him a slap.

re: The Scottish Independence Referendum - How will it go?

How will it go ?
    Towards AOB board hopefully

If it's a no vote then, I think England,Wales and NI should hold a referendum to see if they want Scotland within the union

How can someone within a union not have a vote on the outcome of it ie the English welsh and ulster

Quote Originally Posted by 45red
    If it's a no vote then, I think England,Wales and NI should hold a referendum to see if they want Scotland within the union

How can someone within a union not have a vote on the outcome of it ie the English welsh and ulster
    In that case if we have a referendum on leaving the EU does the rest of Europe have a vote as well?

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie

In that case if we have a referendum on leaving the EU does the rest of Europe have a vote as well?[/quote] always have to complicate things

Quote Originally Posted by es***red52

In that case if we have a referendum on leaving the EU does the rest of Europe have a vote as well?[/quote] always have to complicate things [/quote]

He's right though

Quote Originally Posted by es***red52

In that case if we have a referendum on leaving the EU does the rest of Europe have a vote as well?[/quote] always have to complicate things [/quote]

I do try-lol

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie

I do try-lol[/quote]

You cannot compare the two yet. Though the eurocrats are working vigorously towards a United States of Europe, then you could.
    The British union is a government elect from all its members and the power of decisions there in.
    The EU, wants this to happen and strip down every border and red tape within it's members. It can't do that until it has full autonomy.
    If ever there was a warning for the Euro licker

Who cares?

Dunno, but I hope it will be yes. That could be an end to people buying second homes in Scotland and the locals who have been bought up and live there being forced down south. It could also mean an end to the likes of Donald Trump who is buying up Aberdeenshire to be used as a vast golfing facility and to certain celebrities buying up the Scottish Highlands as a tax dodge. Also two ways of doing things will hopefully show up as how to or not to run a country. The answer to this is perhaps what the south of the border is frightened of. Actor Brian Cox made a very important point on Newsnight. The Scottish are setting a very good to the rest of the World on how settle very important and potentially volatile matters such as this in such a peaceful way.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast