+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bye Bye Micky . . .

re: Bye Bye Micky . . .

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSB
    It may not be popular to say here but I always liked MA and feel sorry that he had to resign and was always candid about his teams who were always hard to beat.

He said he needed a break as his children were seeing him miserable the whole time. Its also commendable that he said he didn't wait to be sacked which would have cost the club a lot of money and so presume he won't get a lot, unlike most managers we see.

Its difficult to see what he does next or any club would bend over backwards to sign him? However, I can't see him not getting a job in football sometime though? Clubs are always looking for managers...Even here!

That would be a laugh!
    I have to agree, I think Micky Adams did a great job under the circumstances at PV, yes he can be an irritating character, but just like Sir Alex he always does the best thing for his club.

Now he that has left the Vale I would be happy to see him do well somewhere else

One of the favs for the York job it seems, now that Worthington has fallen on his sword!! - view external link

Quote Originally Posted by somersetcrewe
    One of the favs for the York job it seems, now that Worthington has fallen on his sword!!
    Micky's failed there 'n all.
    York job's gone to Russ Wilcox, sacked by Scunny last week - so it's a short trip up the road from Lincolnshire for him.

Maybe Micky will end up at S****horpe then . . there's an obvious link

Quote Originally Posted by AstonAlex
    Maybe Micky will end up at S****horpe then . . there's an obvious link
    He's been linked with four jobs already in the last 2 weeks. Just because he's on the bookies list doesn't mean he's necessarily applied. I don't think York would be on his radar, he was on a decent wage with us and I doubt they'd pay that. S****horpe,,despite the link, would be a possibility.

Edit: tranmere would be a good fit too.

Sorry, I was actually referring to the old joke about S****horpe and why you can't always google it in my poor attempt at humour

Sorry, I was actually referring to the old joke about S****horpe and why you can't always google it in my poor attempt at humour
    For all the youngsters out there:
    If Typhoo put the tea in Britain,
    Who put the c**t in S****horpe?.

Someone on my wavelength, thanks Nev!!

I know.
    It's comes up with half the word edited to stars on OVF. Bizarrely I just tried to write it with the stars in on here and it edited the **** back into it.
    Edit: so it edits the self edited stars back into **** into S****horpe, but edits the actual word into stars an it's own?

Careful, VFiP - you will disappear up your own fundament!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast