+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not the D_D Ratings vs Blackburn

Not the D_D Ratings vs Blackburn

No D_D ratings, but thought I'd chuck a few in from last nights trip to Ewood

Grant 8 - for me best keeper in the division. Made 2 cracking savings late on to protect the lead, and stood up to the aerial bombardment by the giants
    Christie 7 - tried to get forward. Cant recall him getting beaten by the winger
    Keogh 8 - cant blame him for first goal, a freak. May be he and Eust could have dealt better with the second, but thought he really stood up to be counted when the balls were being pumped in late on
    Whitbread 8 - along with Keogh, dealt with the long balls. Would say he kept Rhodes incredibly quiet all game too!
    Fozzy 7 - not so many marauding forward runs, but did his defensive job effectively
    Ward 9 - 2 goals and got in their faces. this was Ward at his best
    Eustace 7 - did a solid job protecting the back four. May be could have done better with Keogh for their 2nd
    Brys 8 - looked back to his old self last night. Involved all over the pitch and making his runs
    Hughes 9 (MOM)

re: Not the D_D Ratings vs Blackburn

Since the trio came in around this time last year, Grant has come on leaps and bounds and has actually done really well for us. He's not the best keeper in the division though but he's certainly good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by su4eranio

Cheers
    Stand Up For Eranio aka D_D's Apprentice!
    And now i have worked out what the username means. Seems so simple now...

So Dawkins played no role on our first goal? Right.

Great post Eranio! I only watched on a steam, which occasionally glitched, so I didn't feel like I could give accurate ratings. From what I saw, I agree with you on nearly all fronts. I'd have given The entire defense 7's, but I can't argue with *'s for Keogh or Whitbread, whilst I'd consider giving one to Forsyth. I guess they were 7.5's really...

Ward and Hughes, both brilliant. 9-10's, no complaint either way.

I'd have given Martin a 7, but that's me being a harsh critic. If he gets an 8 today, he'll likely be getting 9's all season, as he's never bad, but often very good.

Quote Originally Posted by RamFromCornwall
    Since the trio came in around this time last year, Grant has come on leaps and bounds and has actually done really well for us. He's not the best keeper in the division though but he's certainly good enough.
    very good point. the improvement in grant's confidence and commanding of his box has been nothing short of remarkable. in his first few month of last season I thought he was a liability but now he's a safe pair of hands. credit to him but I get the feeling eric steele is the major factor behind this.

[quote="su4eranio"]No D_D ratings, but thought I'd chuck a few in from last nights trip to Ewood

Grant 8 - for me best keeper in the division. Made 2 cracking savings late on to protect the lead, and stood up to the aerial bombardment by the giants
    Christie 7 - tried to get forward. Cant recall him getting beaten by the winger
    Keogh 8 - cant blame him for first goal, a freak. May be he and Eust could have dealt better with the second, but thought he really stood up to be counted when the balls were being pumped in late on
    Whitbread 8 - along with Keogh, dealt with the long balls. Would say he kept Rhodes incredibly quiet all game too!
    Fozzy 7 - not so many marauding forward runs, but did his defensive job effectively
    Ward 9 - 2 goals and got in their faces. this was Ward at his best
    Eustace 7 - did a solid job protecting the back four. May be could have done better with Keogh for their 2nd
    Brys 8 - looked back to his old self last night. Involved all ov

No pleasing some people

Cheers
    Stand Up For Eustace!

Quote Originally Posted by su4eranio
    No pleasing some people

Cheers
    Stand Up For Eustace!
    If ever I need a new account for whatever reason then su4eustace better be free!

Quote Originally Posted by RamFromCornwall
    No pleasing some people

Cheers
    Stand Up For Eustace!
    If ever I need a new account for whatever reason then su4eustace better be free! [/quote]

Dont know about free but defo slow..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)