+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Will Hughes

Will Hughes

Off to Barca for £123,000,000.

No, in all seriousness, I just think the lad deserves a thread praising his performances this season. He started in the holding role, where he played very well, but it was clear we weren't getting the best out of him. Since then, he's played in his preferred position, and been the pick of the bunch in midfield.

His performance vs. Forest was excellent, despite the performances of those around him being largely anonymous.

Blackburn was his best yet, completely controlling the game from the middle of the park. His goal was a beauty, and he really looked like a leader in there. I think it's safe to say he's clearly developed well so far this season, and long may it continue.

A quick mention of Bryson, who's had a quiet start so far. He had a very good game vs. Blackburn, and his assist for Ward showed his class. Despite his quiet start, he's got a goal and a few assists already.

re: Will Hughes

I think this season can be huge for Will. We have three good centre-mids and it's been Bryson + Hughes or Hendrick. At the moment we have Hughes & Bryson who will start every game until at least the Millwall match on 4th October. That means that Will has four games undisputed in the squad, and if he carries on with performances like last night when Hendrick eventually does return, Mac will have to start thinking about dropping Bryson if he wants Hendrick back in the squad which is great to see.

I was critical of Hughes last season, and I thought he was poor, but this season he has looked different class both going forward and winning the ball in midfield. This could be the season he matures, which is the season the top teams will come sniffing. Potential is now becoming more and more proven as he gets stronger.

[quote="D_D"]Off to Barca for £123,000,000.

No, in all seriousness, I just think the lad deserves a thread praising his performances this season. He started in the holding role, where he played very well, but it was clear we weren't getting the best out of him. Since then, he's played in his preferred position, and been the pick of the bunch in midfield.

His performance vs. Forest was excellent, despite the performances of those around him being largely anonymous.

Blackburn was his best yet, completely controlling the game from the middle of the park. His goal was a beauty, and he really looked like a leader in there. I think it's safe to say he's clearly developed well so far this season, and long may it continue.

A quick mention of Bryson, who's had a quiet start so far. He had a very good game vs. Blackburn, and his assist for Ward showed his class. Despite his quiet start, he's got a goal and a few ass

[quote="SlimyLimey"]Off to Barca for £123,000,000.

A quick mention of Bryson, who's had a quiet start so far. He had a very good game vs. Blackburn, and his assist for Ward showed his class. Despit

Quote Originally Posted by RamFromCornwall
    At the moment we have Hughes & Bryson who will start every game until at least the Millwall match on 4th October.
    Barring injury. And I really didn't like the way Hughes was holding his groin as he went off yesterday.

Listening to RD last night, they mentioned he is nearing 100 appearances, for an 19 year old that is pretty impressive.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)