+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: What are they doing now?

What are they doing now?

Just following on about how short a footballers 'playing'life can be.

We have had plenty of threads about ex Alex players but have we had one about WHAT they are doing now? eg Media or football coaching/management somewhere? Pubs are out nowadays I think!

What is Dean Ashton doing nowadays?

re: What are they doing now?

The Chronicle some years back used to have a section `Where are they now ` Have often thought why they never brought it back,maybe to much for that Sports Editor!

Not too difficult to track down Deano - he was a pundit during the World Cup, (as were Sav, Murph and Lennon) and has been doing a lot of media work...

Quote Originally Posted by fatfakir
    Not too difficult to track down Deano - he was a pundit during the World Cup, (as were Sav, Murph and Lennon) and has been doing a lot of media work...
    and was sitting in my seat at the Rochdale JPT game while I was away!!!

I read he plays Golf most of the time and is a low handicapper

Radio Sports reported on two X Crewe Players as! Murphy "An inspiration to Bald Scuffy men" and on R Savage "Looks a really interesting person to speak to, but when you do,he is not that bright"

[quote="itwasin"[/quote]

And I suppose they also said Micky Adams was a tactical genius, until you watched his teams play.

Neil Sorvel?
    Fran Tierney (Yes him)?
    Steve Garvey?
    Dave Walton?
    Rodney Jack? - is it fact or fiction that he was employed in Iceland (Store not the country)

A few of note I do know:

Jason Keaton Brisbane Roar Goalkeeping coach; Jamie Moralee multimillionaire (nowt to do with his goalscoring talents of lack thereof); Mark Rivers runs own wedding cars/chauffeur business/farms pigs; Steve Anthrobus outraging public decency having *** on a picnic blanket (True).

Feel free to add any others.

Think Neil Sorvel is a lecturer at Mid Cheshire College now. And yes, Rodney is/was working at Iceland.