+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Pringle and Frecklington.

Pringle and Frecklington.

We're a better side with these two in it. We started the game well, but looked far better second half with Frecks and then Pringle ('he's crap him') comes on and look what happens.

re: Pringle and Frecklington.

first half we gave them too much respect. second half we changed it around and battered them and showed that we are good enough if we play our own game.

frecklington and pringle should be in next week in the same formation. these two and a few others are the soul of our team and we have moved too far away from that the past few weeks

Changed the game pure and simple! Frecklington offers more attacking threat in midfield and Pringle gives you the type of quality on the left that we've been missing since he's been out - what a cross for the goal that was.

Taylor for me flatters to deceive - Prings should be ahead of him every time in my opinion.

That was the Frecks of last season! It was like someone had told him to run at their defence instead of stopping and playing the ball sideways.

Hopefully SE will have learnt from today. The team that finished is our best side. Perhaps you can argue about the keeper and the Bowery/JCH but for me that's how we should play at home. Away, then perhaps Smallwood in for Freks.

It means the bench for Taylor. No problems with that from me. All pace, no product. Not a winger or a striker. Not sure what he is,

I agree. Pringle is a must. Frecklington looked good today as well. Richardson also looked solid. I do worry if bowery can lead the line as revs does. All in all were doing ok considering the step in class

I was delighted to see both Frecks and Pringle in the second half.

Frecks brings forward passing, momentum and drive with greater verve than anyone else from midfield. He sees passes others don't see and looks for the penetrating pass whenever he can.
    I think all our current midfielders are Championship standard but Frecks brings more attacking threat than all but Pringle in my view.

And Pringle - what a deliciously clever cross for Becchio's goal.

Evans is right however to create that healthy competition for a shirt.

Both looked very good and its great to see them playing well and in familiar fashion again.

However, a note of caution needs to be sounded as we were both at home and playing a team who sat very deep, (arguably pushed deep).

Pringle and frecks are great when we are flowing forward but both have flaws in arresting a game from strong midfields.

Frecks certainly made a big difference today, still not convince Pringle has the strenth or pace for this division but a good cross today fro the goal