+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Danny Murphy

Danny Murphy

I see talk on here about getting Danny in. I see it as pie in thr sky for 2 reasons:

1) He win't drop this low - he will look for a coaching job in the Prem.
    2) He moved down to London for his wife's acting career as that is where the work is. What has changed?

re: Danny Murphy

It was me that mentioned Murphy (though I'm beginning to wish I had n't!).

What's changed is, he was quoted as expressing an interest in the Fulham job (not Premier League) in the week after Magath left whereas I'd previously assumed his main interest was building his media career.

I've no idea about his personal circumstances but I have n't seen his wife on television for ages, is n't MOTD recorded in Manchester these days?

I raised him out of frustration I suppose but my point really was you don't know unless you ask - we all make assumptions without having any idea what is really going on.It was a symbol for my desire for the club to be positive.

In fairness, there were some positive signs before MK Dons, pairing Oliver and Haber versus Vale was a good move, Audel was a brave selection at Yeovil.

I don't want us to be resigned to a drift towards a relegation that is grudgingly accepted by the fans - we should put pressure on the managers and players to perform to a certain exte