+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Davis Signings

Davis Signings

As there seems to be much talk on this board about whether Davis's signings have been good or bad I thought I'd compile them. I might have missed a few though.

Transfer/Contract:

Gregor Robertson
    Mathias Pogba
    Abdul Osman
    Nathan Ellington
    Brad Inman
    Lee Molyneux
    Thierry Audel
    Vadaine Oliver
    Anthoy Grant
    Jon Guthrie
    Scott Shearer
    Chris Atkinson
    Marcus Haber
    John Johnstone (whats happened to him??)

Loans

Wes Fletcher
    Jamie Lowry
    Greg Pearson
    James Tunnicliffe
    Billy Bodin
    Harry Bunn
    Chuks Aneke
    Laurie Dalle Valle
    Andrew Bond
    Uche Ikpezu
    Cameron Park
    Neil Etheridge
    George Evans
    Mesca
    Tom Hitchcock
    Greg Leigh
    Jamie Ness
    Fabien Brandy

For me I'd say on Transfers:
    5 Flops, 5 good signings and 4 undecided

On loans:
    5 Flops, 6 Good signings and 8 undecided

I've gone for undecided if they got injured, too early to tell or if i don't remember them!

I think it worrys me though that in the three seasons before Davis took over we had 5 loan signings (including 3 GK's) since he took over we

re: Davis Signings

Mark Ellis - a good signing.

Mike West is missing (though he was most of the time he was here, to be fair) - poor signing in hindsight (paid a fee).

John Johnstone, the lad from Leek, was very impressive a couple of weeks back, in the under 21 match played at Gresty Road. To be honest, I didn't know who he was until I read the website's brief report, later. I thought at the time, that he was one who could make a difference and even wondered if he was a triallist. He was absent from last week's game, at Reaseheath, though, so maybe has an injury? Certainly there has been nothing on the website or in any interview, about him, or how they see his progress.

You missed Alan Martin, who like Robertson was released on a free mid-season ("by mutual consent"). Which is pretty damn poor I would say, as I would guess he was on decent money and they would have had to pay him compensation. He went to Aldershot for a bit, but they released him too

Greg Pearson did well in his short time here.

[quote="mason71"). Which is pretty damn poor I would say, as I would guess he was on decent money and they would have had to pay him compensation. He went to Aldershot for a bit, but they released him too[/quote]

Dario signed Alan Martin in the summer of 2011...

Quote Originally Posted by "fatfakir"). Which is pretty damn poor I would say, as I would guess he was on decent money and they would have had to pay him compensation. He went to Aldershot for a bit, but they released him too[/quote

Dario signed Alan Martin in the summer of 2011...
    Apologies - my mistake