+ Visit Portsmouth FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Make Portsmouth independent from British Rule

Make Portsmouth independent from British Rule

So after Scotland f*****d things up I have launched a campaign for us to get out independence. Please sign and share the petition to give our glorious Island the chance to free itself from the shackles of Eton.

https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/69592

We could become the Monte Carlo of the land.

re: Make Portsmouth independent from British Rule

And do not be worried about the policies I have it all covered. We will half all taxes to encourage business into the city, and the navel dock yard can be kept as British sovereignty in return for a ludicrous yearly pay out that covers the entire up keep of the city. Why should our taxes be sent to place we care nothing about. Freedom!!!!

Like Jockland do us non island dwellers get a vote?

Anyone can sign the petition, the mores on the page the more likely the vote is to happen, and if you are a non island dweller we can get you a nice apartment in the city, as all the no voters will be getting moved to the Isle of White or Spitbank fort or something.
    I also see no reason why households should pay council tax.
    So that is getting canned when we get our freedom.

What about PCCFC. Will they be in the Preliminary rounds of European Cups, along with Gibralter

F**k me, count me in. I'll have one of those apartments overlooking the harbour by the Still & West please, cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Scoular1
    What about PCCFC. Will they be in the Preliminary rounds of European Cups, along with Gibralter
    Poss poss, that can be looked into by the football club, they can break away from the English league if they desire.

However with Gibraltar they have only just been recognised by UEFA so I would advise against it.

We tried it on the IoW back in the early 70s. I voted YES for the break up of Hampshire. - view external link

Cool story bro, it is a shame you did not get it, the ways things are going any change would be positive.
    Sign and share the petition on your Facebook, twitter etc.

Hope this one can at least raise a question if not a vote.

I was 18 a couple of weeks before this GE Stu, the first where 18 year olds were allowed to vote. I think it was action against the festival bogs mentioned below that secured my vote.

Excerpt from the Daily Torygraph

"In the Sixties, the Vectis National Party sought independence for the Isle of Wight on the grounds that its sale to the Crown in 1293 was unconstitutional. Mysteriously, though, the only written evidence of VNP activism records that it “criticised the toilet facilities” at the 1969 pop festival.

A revived VNP can do better than that. Surely it’s time for the island’s menfolk to take a hearty swig of G&T, don their hardiest blazers and storm the mainland. As soon as the Brits hear the Vectis battlecry of “Cheers, old boy!” they will surrender, bringing 700 years of serfdom to an end."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)