+ Visit Swindon Town FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: BOBs Weekend Games 27/8th Sept:

re: BOBs Weekend Games 27/8th Sept:

When you have on your bench as goalkeeper a well inflated goalkeeping coach who is almost six months into his 41st year you will know what ****e is.

If he has to come on, his best tactic would be to stand with his back to one post and facing the other post. Only the most skilful striker could get a ball past that gut.

Our main goalkeeper has a groin injury. Presumably it occurred somewhere other than on a football pitch. So far this season no part of his body has got in the way of a football.

"The dilemma of spending to stay up, or keeping the club safe long term. I'd say in the long term your board are doing the right thing. In the short term, it's looking like a long miserable season for Burnley players and fans".

You are onside with 2 Clarets with those words Dan, Stan and Alf (below) would agree with you.

But I would disagree strongly, Dyche worked wonders in the Championship to gain promotion with very little money.

The Premiership is a lot harder and as you say Alf plenty of billionaire backer's around which we have not got.

But we don't/didn't need billionaire backers.

We have a very good Manager, he should have been backed more to retain Premiership status, everyone would agree he is a solid good Manager, we did not need plenty of quality players just a sprinkling of 3 or 4, with this and Dyche's leadership we would have had half a chance.

This the board have not done, and IMO had NO intention of doing.

Initially they alienated a lot of Burnley fans with thei

Bad day for Burnley but it is only one game despite the score

I expected you to get a point off them

Yes only one game Gaz, but the writing was on the wall before the season started for me.

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo
    Will be interesting to hear our Stans view of things .. Hope he didn't waste his money on a trip to the midlands .
    I was pencilled in to go Alf but a family do had cropped up so I got lucky.

I watched most of it and it was effing dreadful. It started alright and the formation and set up looked like it would work, but then we started hoofing it aimlessly (it remided me of Huddersfield away last season). We put that pressure on us ourselves and the corners they scored from were because we'd been lumping it and the ball just kept coming back at us.

We lumped it on and off last season but we had two forwards up top and Arfield buzzing about for the second ball. Today we didn't have either of that so lumping it was pointless.

Too many players played sh1te anyway, so it wouldn't have mattered how we set ourselves up today.

As it was the first time i had seen them ,I was expecting something a little bit better,now I've calmed down ,let's just put it down to an off day,and hope we bounce back .

Definitely to much hoof ball though..

[quote="Altobelli".

You are onside with 2 Clarets with those words Dan, Stan and Alf (below) would agree with you.

But I would disagree strongly, Dyche worked wonders in the Championship to gain promotion with very little money.

The Premiership is a lot harder and as you say Alf plenty of billionaire backer's around which we have not got.

But we don't/didn't need billionaire backers.

We have a very good Manager, he should have been backed more to retain Premiership status, everyone would agree he is a solid good Manager, we did not need plenty of quality players just a sprinkling of 3 or 4, with this and Dyche's leadership we would have had half a chance.

This the board have not done, and IMO had NO intention of doing.

Initially

Yes I agree Dan, the Prem is Crap and corrupt, but its where the real brass is and spending one season there is not enough to sustain a healthy club.

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli
    Yes I agree Dan, the Prem is Crap and corrupt, but its where the real brass is and spending one season there is not enough to sustain a healthy club.
    I think many Blackpool fans would agree on that one Alto

Quote Originally Posted by DanRrr
    I think many Blackpool fans would agree on that one Alto[/quote]

not just the donkey lashers either...add Wolves, Leeds, Portsmouth...

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast