+ Visit Swindon Town FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: BOBs Weekend Games 27/8th Sept:

re: BOBs Weekend Games 27/8th Sept:

I saw the WBA v. Burnley game on TV..looks like you chose the wrong time to be playing WBA as they had two previous wins this week. Burnley have had their main strikers out injured I believe which hasn't helped. Hopefully the Clarets will get back to winning ways soon.

Quote Originally Posted by sadlad
    Hopefully the Clarets will get back to winning ways soon.
    Let's not get too carried away

Quote Originally Posted by DanRrr
    Yes I agree Dan, the Prem is Crap and corrupt, but its where the real brass is and spending one season there is not enough to sustain a healthy club.
    I think many Blackpool fans would agree on that one Alto[/quote]

There is only one difference between the Blackpool and Burnley Boards, Oysten had the balls/stupidity to give himself a 12 Million pounds plus bonus (twice as much as the Chelsea Chairman took at the same time) which raped the club and has left it how it is today.

Regardless of Burnley joint Chairmen being Burnley fans they have gone about it being more subtle in a clever way which has backfired to a certain extent, ie the season ticket fiasco, the missing monies at the AGM which could not be justified, and the feeble wage structure and transfer kitty for a league which they have helped make well out of their Depth, not to mention John B's statement in a pub where he was pa

Do Burnley and Accrington Stanley have much of a relationship?

I love Accy. That starts from when they realised in the early 1960s that they could not sustain a Football League existence and resigned in the middle of the season owing almost **** all to any ****. They were / are a great example to numerous other vile ****s in the game. After several seasons in the Lancashire Combination they went defunct because they could see the inevitability of financial collapse but again they owed almost **** all.

Then in 1968 Accrington Stanley began again with nowt, at almost pub / Sunday League level.

Oh, and as for The Milk Marketing Board, its existence ceased 12 years ago.

So Burnley, give 'em a bit of a helping hand every so often.

World Cup Final, Champions League Final etc can **** off. Accrington Stanley v Morecambe is a real football match.

Hmmmm ... a thought just occurred to m

One of the reasons they went tits up was because of the fat cont who was Ex Burnley chairman Bob Lord. withdrew his offer of help.

"In 1962 neighbouring football club Accrington Stanley were bottom of the Fourth Division and facing severe financial difficulties.Bob Lord and Sam Pilkington took control of the club, but following a meeting on 5 March at which debts of £62,000 came to light, Lord withdrew his support. The club resigned from the Football League the following day]"

The Football League management Committee contrived to keep Portsmouth (£165 million debt) in the League.

You can be certain that if Accrington Stanley fart they will be thrown out.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112