+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cowdenbeath v Qos

re: Cowdenbeath v Qos

What comeback now I wonder what the board will do now.
    Fowler in or out ?

That wasn't in the script but these kind of results happen throughout the season to all clubs .

Maybe the kick up the backside Queens needed what with Hearts visiting next Saturday .

No hiding from it , that is a bad one to take . Personally, would tell Fowler to hang up his boots and manage from the touchline. Don't think this playing manager idea works because you get caught up in your own play on the pitch and can't see or direct things accordingly.

That game was close to unwatchable.

We had a chance to leapfrog Rangers and build a great platform ahead of the Hearts match.

To set up with one lone striker against a team with one solitary point is not the tactics I want to see and our performance in the first half was one of the worst that I have witnessed in a very long time.Why did we not attack from the start?

I have to say that I did not enjoy our tactics against Falkirk away and again today we seemed to give Cowdenbeath a massive amount of respect that I am not sure was warranted.

At this level of football you need two men up front otherwise the ball comes straight back as it did today. I want a Manager that plays attacking football as that was truly awful and had we started with the formation we deployed in the second half we would have won that match in my opinion.

You can't win them all but that was self inflicted.

There appears to be a change to the goalscorer. Reports are all saying Lyle and not Durnan getting the goal. Could someone confirm although I'm sure the official site will do anyway.

Thought it was Lyle who scored but not 100% sure tbh.
    That was dreadful.
    I could not believe that we played one up front for 45 mins v the winless bottom team .
    We just invited attack after attack. Reilly ran around like a headless chicken. It too wins no headers either all game for obvious reasons!

was Del Lyle according to the video...

Fowler as manager - Its a no from me.

Thought it was a great tactical move to crowd out midfield against Hibs but starting with the same system against lowly Cowdenbeath showed it wasn't really tactical, just more of the style Fowler would prefer us to play.

We need someone to come in who wants to play attacking football - and get Russell off the wing!!

Truly terrible performance against a team who have not beaten us in 13 attempts and also the first time in 23 seasons since the Blue Brazil have defeated Queens at Central Park. The body language just did not look right and I wonder if the delay in appointing a manager is playing on the players minds ? Only excitement of the day was a barney outside the toilets at half - time between Kevin (one half of the Palmy comedy duo Kev and Ally) and a female relative of Zander Clark after the lad had passed comments on his goalkeeping. Full marks though to Cowden's superb programme which is packed with lots of great articles including an interview with the one and only John (Father) Murphy the tough as teak Fifer who made 243 appearances for Queens 1959 - 67.

Zander's mum and good on her! lol

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)