+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who has put us in the smelly stuff

re: Who has put us in the smelly stuff

Some views:

SD is an okay manager and with Bakes he has an experienced deputy. We could have much worse!!

He has some weaknesses - too late with subs and tactical changes, extended chances for passengers like Inman

We have missed Harry Davis - not Ellis - this season

Other players who moved on (apart from Byron) were not in anyone's first choice team last season - and we were nearly relegated with that squad

SD's signings have ranged from useful (Grant, Haber, Chuks, Bodin ) to awful (Audel, Mesca, the winger from Boro?)

The budget is acknowledged as totally inadequate but, despite a lot of posts, no-one really seems to understand about the money

Our experienced pros - Tootle, Grant, Dugdale and Inman - have gone missing too often for all or part of games

We leak goals - but that has been an issue for years at all levels - but now we don't have the creativity, confidence or firepower to get back into games. We miss Westwood and Murphy so much but look where they are now!

We w

Was harry davis in the team for the last 2 months of last season??
    ellis & dugdale played the key part in us staying up.
    At the start of last season we started with davis and ray...ellis was on the bench. Again we were bottom.
    Trust me harry davis will not improve that defence.
    I would look for another experienced pro to play alongside tate who u could see today was a class above ray.
    Forget about a winger sign another defender and a new striker. PS make sure there not injured when they arrive.

Yes the board must accept some of the blame for not telling us where all the incoming transfer fees go but the problems go even deeper imo.
    Any manager with one win in nine games and having just been beaten by a poor side by three clear goals at home and then says...take the goals away and there was not a lot between the two teams is surely not a fit and proper person to manager a professional outfit.
    It certainly looked to me that most of the players were only going through the motions and that they are not performing for the manager and there is little evidence of any sort of fighting spirit.
    SD go now before the club is doomed to the basement division.

When I said Davis had been almost forced to sign players who are not good enough I didn't mean by the supporters but by the situation. I think with the new centre half we signed this week and Harry Davis back (in a few weeks) we may improve defensively but unfortunately that doesn't account for the individual errors that are costing us goals week in week out.

True it is Self inflicted by the whole set up at this Club, The bookies saw it beore a ball was kicked. Anyone know what the Clubs 5 or 10 year plan is! Lucky if they have a 7 day one.
    Cinderrella needs a Rocafella.

Davis is a liar, he has been given money by the board. We are paying half of Ness's wages and do you really think Mr Evans will let Brandy go on loan for free? no chance. Alan Tate is on 12k a week in south wales and we will be paying at least 2k of that wage. The budget has been cut yes, but it hasnt been cut alot.

Davis has 9 months left on his contract, and he knows the board cannot afford to sack him because he has to be paid in full, so basically hes thinking of himself by making out the board and the players are to blame. He will go to the next club after the 9 months are up and claim the last couple of seasons was because of no money from the board and thus couldn't compete in league one, which is ********.

So for me he can **** off and do one, the players hate him because he doesn't go to training and just hate him in general and dont want to play for him (just look at various twitter and facebook accounts), hes ****ed off the ASI so they disbanded , he had the chance to bu

[quote="Alexman"]Davis is a liar, he has been given money by the board. We are paying half of Ness's wages and do you really think Mr Evans will let Brandy go on loan for free? no chance. Alan Tate is on 12k a week in south wales and we will be paying at least 2k of that wage. The budget has been cut yes, but it hasnt been cut alot.

Davis has 9 months left on his contract, and he knows the board cannot afford to sack him because he has to be paid in full, so basically hes thinking of himself by making out the board and the players are to blame. He will go to the next club after the 9 months are up and claim the last couple of seasons was because of no money from the board and thus couldn't compete in league one, which is ********.

So for me he can **** off and do one, the players hate him because he doesn't go to training and just hate him in general and dont want to play for him (just look at various twitter and facebook accounts), hes ****ed off the AS

I fid it hard to believe that the players do not want to play for the manager. When all said and done most of them are young players at the start of their careers and should be busting a gut to impress. That certainly isn't an accusation that could be levelled at Billy Waters who never gave up at any point. Inman has been cited as being one who isn't trying. That may have been true previously but I don't believe that to be the case yesterday. He showed frustration with himself when a pass he played went astray. Rather than a lack of commitment, I believe there is an appalling lack of confidence in the players. Whilst the score was level yesterday, we actually looked (marginally) the better side and were actually knocking the ball about quite nicely. But as soon as the first goal went in all confidence seemed to drain. And frankly, I think it was downright rude and uncalled for to boo Jamie Ness when he was substituted. I don't necessarily think he is good enough, but he ain't gonna get

[quote="Timmy58"]I fid it hard to believe that the players do not want to play for the manager. When all said and done most of them are young players at the start of their careers and should be busting a gut to impress. That certainly isn't an accusation that could be levelled at Billy Waters who never gave up at any point. Inman has been cited as being one who isn't trying. That may have been true previously but I don't believe that to be the case yesterday. He showed frustration with himself when a pass he played went astray. Rather than a lack of commitment, I believe there is an appalling lack of confidence in the players. Whilst the score was level yesterday, we actually looked (marginally) the better side and were actually knocking the ball about quite nicely. But as soon as the first goal went in all confidence seemed to drain. And frankly, I think it was downright rude and uncalled for to boo Jamie Ness when he was substituted. I don't necessarily th

It was not a good match or performance, and I agree Ness des not seem good enough. To be fair to Haber, he didn't get a lot of service but he had a few moments in the first half until he tired. I felt we went with the wrong formation and and to a great extent, personnel. We should have lined up as we did against Port Vale which was a much more lively and attacking team.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast