+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 4-5-1 at home? To the next worst team?

re: 4-5-1 at home? To the next worst team?

Quote Originally Posted by alexbarmy
    With Oliver not 100% there was little choice.
    You must be joking?[/quote]

Blame Max and Pogs. If Pogs had told us in May of his intentions do you reckon AJ would have been freed?[/quote] no!

If Leigh's effort had gone in off the post rather than staying out as it did, then maybe they would have collapsed like we did when they scored. We had been on top at that point. Their second was poor from my view as Ray has to know he can beat their forward for pace or let him go offside when he was caught one-on-one -basic defending at any level.

Yes totally agree I rang into P & G after the match re motivation and was told Piffle by Radio Lee and the first time I have ever agreed with a vale player when Phil Sproston said I was right it is up to the manager to motivate them and agreed with me.

Every one has a off day but our off days come in 10 plus for our team. SD and Bakes used to be on the touchline shooting and barking instructions out - all SD on Saturday did was kept clapping to motivate them!

SD picks the team not the board - his signings have been poor, loans even worse - who does the buck stop with ?

I am not George Ray's biggest fan, but he is a young player learning his trade. Therefore, mistakes are going to happen otherwise he would be playing in a higher league

Timmy. 1 question do you honestly believe we should stick with what we have at the moment as on every thread you have defended steve and the players?
    Ray is a liability. Was at the start of last season and is this.
    Forget age his mistakes you wouldn't see on the georges!!!

I do think we should stick by Davis and Baker, not because I think they are doing a fantastic job, but because I don't believe in chopping and changing the manager every time we go through a bad patch. Yes, things need to be improved, and yes there are players in the squad who clearly are not good enough for this level. Change the manager and we get someone who is either using us as a stepping stone, or someone who would not support the Academy like a certain Icelandic boss we had a few years ago. By definition we are a small club but we have things in place that should safeguard the future for Crewe Alexandra and part of that safeguard is continuity.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy58
    I do think we should stick by Davis and Baker, not because I think they are doing a fantastic job, but because I don't believe in chopping and changing the manager every time we go through a bad patch. Yes, things need to be improved, and yes there are players in the squad who clearly are not good enough for this level. Change the manager and we get someone who is either using us as a stepping stone, or someone who would not support the Academy like a certain Icelandic boss we had a few years ago. By definition we are a small club but we have things in place that should safeguard the future for Crewe Alexandra and part of that safeguard is continuity.

Great post - I agree with this 100%. We need to keep playing our home grown young players because even if we do go down we need them having match experience under their belts for next season. Don't play loan players unless they are significantly better than what we have.

So in turn if we still have a football club but are playing in the conference with our young lads thats ok??
    Dario's last stint in charge we were near the bottom of l2 but under your ethos he would still be in charge?
    This has been happening for 2 seasons now the manager is cutting it.
    Would westwood, murphy and powell left us for big money if were losing like this every week. I think not.
    Losing heavily each week is doing nothing for these kids thats why peoplelike MIkesb are right we need do whats best for the team 1st and foremost.
    There will be no million £ sales if we allow this to carry on for another
    season. Forget budgets this season has been a joke from pre season to now.

Isnt cutting it...

I think you will find that Dario would not be still in charge, as he stepped aside because he didn't want to be doing it. We promoted Steve Davis who was number 2 under Dario having been appointed by the Icelander. Continuity! If we remove Davis, we are likely to again promote from within. I agree there are no million pound sales in this squad, but my understanding is that there are a number of potentially high value players coming up behind this lot. So yes, we carry on with this management team and method or club model and yes, we expect them to do better but there are not players out there who are prepared to come for the money we offer who will make a difference so we are unlikely to see any better players coming in.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast