+ Visit Bolton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: TOTALY UNEXEPTABLE FREEDMAN

re: TOTALY UNEXEPTABLE FREEDMAN

Chris Martin caused former boss Dougie Freedman double trouble as Derby extended their unbeaten run to eight games with a 2-0 Championship victory at Bolton.

Martin, a former Crystal Palace loanee when Freedman was in charge at Selhurst Park, also missed a first half penalty as Steve McClaren's upwardly mobile side claimed three points at a canter.

By contrast, Wanderers slumped to a third defeat in eight days and are now back in the relegation zone with a trip to bottom of the table Fulham to come on Wednesday.

Angry Wanderers fans, sparked by two separate mini pitch invasions midway through the second half, turned on Freedman and chairman, Phil Gartside.

'Freedman out' and 'Gartside out' rang out around the Macron Stadium as the Trotters slumped to a sixth defeat in nine Championship games.

Derby led 1-0 at half-time but could have been further clear. Martin turned in impressive right back Cyrus Christie's right wing cross after 38 minutes to earn the Rams their deserved interva

Jesus Christ! I thought we were playing okay up until Derby score their first goal, but the inevitable happened and our players heads dropped. I'm sure Dougie told us, that we now have a hard working group of players that would fight until the end?

The second half was a ****ing disgrace! We have players like Spearing (captain) Mills (vice captain) who can't even pass a ****ing ball! I've not seen such a shambles ever watching a BWFC team, even our worst team in the 80's would smash this sorry lot to pieces.

Dougie really has to go, this is embarrassing now and the atmosphere is poisonous and it won't get any better. I hope Dougie resigns, but he won't, Eddie really needs to step in now and just get shut, because Dougie is taking us down and even if it costs Eddie around £1 million to get rid of him and his staff, that is small change to the £160 million of debt the club currently owe him.

IMO, Derby are a tidy, well organised team and I think they will get promoted this season. It's

We could of had the wally with the brolley instead of Mugson or Clueless because the wally was in no man's land at the time in the Dutch league but we don't want experienced managers with a track record we go for useless cheap rookies hoping to get lucky!!!

Quote Originally Posted by campo21
    We could of had the wally with the brolley instead of Mugson or Clueless because the wally was in no man's land at the time in the Dutch league but we don't want experienced managers with a track record we go for useless cheap rookies hoping to get lucky!!!
    Yes you could of but then that would of been a big risk and I'm guessing a risk your board were not prepared to take so instead went for a safe option, hindsight's a wonderful thing though and I bet there's a fair few clubs in the championship wishing they'd employed Maclaren, I must admit I wasn't too impressed at the rumours and eventual appointment of Steve Maclaren, I even emailed the owners my thoughts on the matter, don't I look a fool right now!

Why was the save option Freedman. Big pay off to Crystal Palace, all his backroom staff brought over as well for a guy with less than 2 years experience .

It was a shocking appointment, surprising everyone, and its cost us more than just a fortune in money. Fatside's decisions have ruined Bolton right from the time when the ******* fell out with Allardyce

Quote Originally Posted by campo21
    McClaren's the real deal now that he's had a good run with Derby.

But it wasn't that long ago that he was a laughing stock and he's still done more bad jobs than good. Who's to say he'd have done the business here?

There'd have been a lot of complaints if we'd appointed McClaren a year or two ago, and the same goes for most clubs at this level.

Quote Originally Posted by danm1992

But it wasn't that long ago that he was a laughing stock and he's still done more bad jobs than good. Who's to say he'd have done the business here?

There'd have been a lot of complaints if we'd appointed McClaren a year or two ago, and the same goes for most clubs at this level.[/quote]post of the week for me there danm.

Quote Originally Posted by danm1992

There'd have been a lot of complaints if we'd appointed McClaren a year or two ago, and the same goes for most clubs at this level.[/quote]

Precisely what I was saying, bet you'd have him now though just like possibly half the championship clubs would...maybe even some PL clubs

Quote Originally Posted by StensonRam
    Precisely what I was saying, bet you'd have him now though
    Perhaps.

Things change so quickly with regards to managers, I find it hard to get carried away.

It wasn't long ago people thought our own Dougie Freedman was a genius.

The last clueless idiot we had was wanted by Liverpool at one point. He'd be lucky to get a job in the Championship now.

Quote Originally Posted by lord_hooray
    Why was the save option Freedman. Big pay off to Crystal Palace, all his backroom staff brought over as well for a guy with less than 2 years experience .

It was a shocking appointment, surprising everyone, and its cost us more than just a fortune in money. Fatside's decisions have ruined Bolton right from the time when the ******* fell out with Allardyce
    You are spot on there Lord i'd say Freedman was a far bigger gamble than McClaren but Gartside knows more than we do doesn't he.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)