+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: How is Davis still in a job?

re: How is Davis still in a job?

Quote Originally Posted by somersetcrewe
    Two narrow victories over 2 poor teams. Let's not pretend we've turned into Brazil.
    The response I expected, thank you![/quote]

Give credit where its due. A very good win and would have accepted a draw. I listened to the match as well and the difference over the last two games is that we competed well all over the pitch and had chances to score goals. Every player seemed to be committed to the cause and IF they can continue to do that win or lose games then SD deserves the applause as well and will have 99% of the fans behind him. I do not expect us to win against Posh next Tuesday but hope we can show the same team spirit. I think keeping the same team made a difference and hope that continues as far as injuries allow etc.

The table shows what 6 points can do to improve our optimism.

Quote Originally Posted by DannyCol
    Not the only thing I said, was it? If you're gonna quote me, use the whole post.
    Really?
    Ok!

And gobstopper. Are you an infant, or just a complete bellend?
    You want me to comment on that? You won’t like it!!

Why would anybody want us to lose a game? I personally have already spent hundreds of pounds watching the Alex this season, so how about showing some respect for people's opinions.
    Respect?
    “complete bellend”?? ... ... yeah right!!

We have beaten Coventry and Walsall FFS, let's see what happens Tuesday night.
    I actually can’t fault that sentence!

We're bottom of the league with a goal difference of -19. Let's not get carried away.
    But who is? – I’m not, as per my previous post!

[quote na

My brief post, in isolation, probably didn't make a lot of sense. Thanks tho, Somerset. I have been an Alex fan for what seems like 150 years and my God I have seen some tripe. Wouldn't want to go back to that so I am always reluctant to support calls for the manager. I didn't want Holland sacked and who knows, had he had more time he may have been the right one. But we are where we are and I am quite happy to support Steve Davis and I am aware of his shortcomings but we are never going to get a manager without shortcomings because I don't believe one exists!

All right chaps, lets not argue and bicker! We have just won 2 on the bounce and have made it out of single figures. Lets enjoy the moment whilst we can. Last thing we need now is for fans to start turning on each other!

Both DannyC and Somerset are entitled to their opinions. That's what being a football fan is all about. A few wanted Davis to go, most didn't (me included). That's not to say those that did are not entitled to an opinion.

I'm absolutely delighted with the wins and much more positive about the season as a result. Hopefully this can be the kick-start that our season has absolutely needed! But, we are definitely not home and dry and I think everyone understands that. There's is still a long way to go.

Likewise, if we lose a very tough game on Tuesday and again against Sheff Utd; it is not time to chuck in the towel and lose all faith. Lets pull together and get the lads and Steve through this. We have 4 winnable games in November.

Quote Originally Posted by somersetcrewe
    Not the only thing I said, was it? If you're gonna quote me, use the whole post.
    Really?
    Ok!

And gobstopper. Are you an infant, or just a complete bellend?
    You want me to comment on that? You won’t like it!!

Why would anybody want us to lose a game? I personally have already spent hundreds of pounds watching the Alex this season, so how about showing some respect for people's opinions.
    Respect?
    “complete bellend”?? ... ... yeah right!!

We have beaten Coventry and Walsall FFS, let's see what happens Tuesday night.
    I actually can’t fault that sentence!

We're bottom of the league with a goal difference of -19. Let's not get carried away.
    But who is

Quote Originally Posted by TwiceInABlueMoon
    All right chaps, lets not argue and bicker!

TIABM, please don't confuse bickering with banter.
    I'm fairly certain DC would see it the same way.
    We both have an opinion, just not the same one.
    I just happen to think it's good to challenge it sometimes - be a dull board otherwise!

I don't subscribe to calling though!

Somerset maybe u shouldn't banter as to me your trying to be patronising. Once again you reply with a smarmy comment when it's not 1 you agree with.
    2 great wins and we are close to the other than teams. Hopefully confidence will be high and we can kick on.
    I'm not steves biggest fan but he deserves credit for the wins. Another couple of wins and I think he will gain most fans trust again but We are still bottom and another run of 4-5 defeats then I feel he must step down.
    Now over to you Somerset to patronise me and any other disgruntled fan.

How was he being smarmy? A poster (who has been banned before for being abusive) called him a complete bellend - what did you expect? It's DannyC for heaven's sake, the guy causes trouble for a laugh.

Haha 'Causing trouble' this is trouble?!?!.

I agree with him, bottom of the league with minus 19 GD. Davis still needs to go.

I don't necessarily disagree with his opinion on SD.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast