+ Visit Southampton FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Po**ey Debts

re: Po**ey Debts

I thought 26% was the new 51%, anyway.

po**ey maffs, innit.

Quote Originally Posted by Pentridge
    Debt or no debt, they're still BELLENDS.

You been on the Pimms again?

Quote Originally Posted by Pentridge
    Not according to Jim*.

* yeah, I know.
    I was going on the BBC report yesterday (see link) - just seen Jim's comment which caught me by surprise.

To be honest, neither has a great record on factual correctness. Although I reckon the Beeb story is probably by Nabil Hassan who is generally excellent on all S Coast sports.

I'll go with Papa's 26% then. - view external link

Quote Originally Posted by Southerndown

You been on the Pimms again?[/quote]

Remember he coexists with a Pompey girl...

Quote Originally Posted by Southerndown

You been on the Pimms again?[/quote]

No, barely touch a drop nowadays.

The way to look at it is this is fantastic news. The supporters own the club and very shortly we'll be buying players again to accelerate the upwards trend that is already in place. There are no foreign sugar daddies or fat mothers waiting to strip the club of player profit.
    Conversely Koemann if he continues to do well will hold your club to ransome and like usual your players will drift of in transfer windows to fresh pastures.

Second in the table means nothing without silverware. You NEED to win trophies to gain credibility. When you achieve that you can guage sucess. There are no prizes for also rans which unfortunately to date is what you've been (bar 1976). 2014 yes you are doing excellently well but still haven't won anything. That is how history judges. Sorry but its true!

Quote Originally Posted by simondenmead
    There are no foreign sugar daddies or fat mothers waiting to strip the club of player profit.
    Nor indeed waiting to invest any money. And, for that reason, the best you can ever hope for will be hoofing and bumbling around the upper reaches of League 2, maybe even experiencing the dizzy heights of lower League 1 for a season or two.

Unfortunately, your fickle, short-memoried supporters and their unrealistic expectations * will demand way better than this and, before too long, your owners (not the fans, as you think) will have a tough decision to make - either sell out to a party / parties with some real money, saddle the club with more unserviceable debt, or stay as they are and see attendances dwindle (even more).

Sorry, but it's true..

[ * - copyright Vladimir Antonov, 2012. ]

Quote Originally Posted by simondenmead
    The way to look at it is this is fantastic news. The supporters own the club and very shortly we'll be buying players again to accelerate the upwards trend that is already in place. There are no foreign sugar daddies or fat mothers waiting to strip the club of player profit.
    Conversely Koemann if he continues to do well will hold your club to ransome and like usual your players will drift of in transfer windows to fresh pastures.

Second in the table means nothing without silverware. You NEED to win trophies to gain credibility. When you achieve that you can guage sucess. There are no prizes for also rans which unfortunately to date is what you've been (bar 1976). 2014 yes you are doing excellently well but still haven't won anything. That is how history judges. Sorry but its true!

Semen, you also need to understand that history shows the financial predicament of your team. In 1976 we didn't steel from charities or send sm

Quote Originally Posted by ozsaint1976
    I am proud of the way we do businsss, can you say you are?
    With his 'fantastic news' exclamation, he does seem rather proud of the fact that over £100m of debt to local businesses, charities, schools, etc has simply been flicked off, all for a short spell of rubbing shoulders amongst football's elite.

Sadly, I doubt that he is alone in glowing with pride at such an 'achievement'.

Quote Originally Posted by chiswickmart
    The Trust owns 51% of the shares - so I guess the other 51% must be with the HNW's.

Is that a fact.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast