+ Visit Southampton FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Po**ey Debts

re: Po**ey Debts

The club did a charity collection for a children's cancer charity but used the accrued funds for other purposes. The charity received nothing. I understand that the fans or a group of fans raised the funds again then forwarded them to the charity which is probably why fans get angry when the term "charity thieves" gets banded about. When I use that term I'm referring to the club as the charity thieves as its a deserved insult based on pure fact. portsmouth FC are charity thieves. As far as I'm concerned, anyone who supports the clubs actions at the time are guilty by association and deserve the term used on them too.

Had it been any other business acting in such a deplorable manner, it would have been boycotted and gone bust.

As I remember, the club agreed to contribute a percentage of every shirt sold to the Tom Prince cancer charity. The money never got paid, and whilst it's rumoured the skates had a bucket collection, the full amount was never received by the charity. Most skates argue the charity never had the money so how can it be theft

That's just one example, best we gloss over the St Johns Ambulance, Poppy Appeal, or host of small businesses around po**ey that are still missing money for fear of upsetting our charity thieving posters.

And still they rejoice

Quote Originally Posted by proclaimer
    I can't recall ever using the term charity theft on here or anywhere else but I do agree with PFR. They went into Admin owing how much? I think it was north of £100m and how much has since been paid back?

I agree with Skates who say that at the time they were just enjoying the good times. I can also understand when they say they had no control over what was done in their. What I don't agree with is fans who say that but still bask in the 'glory'.

In many other sports cheating means the title and medals are stripped. Pity football doesn't have the same ethics.

Title and medals stripped??? No no no can't do that we have too many and a hugely rich history generated as far back as before the war.

On the other hand ...You lot of Icelandic asset stripped, feeder club mugs. History what history

U
    Quote Originally Posted by simondenmead
    I can't recall ever using the term charity theft on here or anywhere else but I do agree with PFR. They went into Admin owing how much? I think it was north of £100m and how much has since been paid back?

I agree with Skates who say that at the time they were just enjoying the good times. I can also understand when they say they had no control over what was done in their. What I don't agree with is fans who say that but still bask in the 'glory'.

In many other sports cheating means the title and medals are stripped. Pity football doesn't have the same ethics.

Title and medals stripped??? No no no can't do that we have too many and a hugely rich history generated as far back as before the war.

On the other hand ...You lot of Icelandic asset stripped, feeder club mugs. History what history [/quote]The feeder club tag is ridiculous when you lo

Quote Originally Posted by PonyFiddlerReturns

On the other hand ...You lot of Icelandic asset stripped, feeder club mugs. History what history

I'm struggling with the Icelandics bit??

Anyway,

The history argument (for the 1,000,000th time) is pathetic, RECENT history is all that really matters...Pompeys is tainted with charity theft and a MASSIVE fall from cheated grace, any other history belongs to the former Portsmouth FC which no longer exists. Southamptons recent history is very impressive, back to back promotions and a rapid rise to the top echelons of the Premier League as well as being labelled as the blueprint of how a football club should be run. In both of our lifetimes Southampton FC has lorded over Portsmouth FC, This is a FACT which cannot be denied.

Your absence from this forum Semen has been noted, where were you when you lost last weekend, where were you midweek when Aldershot dumped you out of the cup (to make it 4 years since your last FA Cup win) ?
    The fact that you have appeared after beating MORCAMBE?? speaks volumes about the HUGE gulf between our clubs and your own inferiority complex.

You and you

Iceland?!?! What have you been smoking oh simple one?

The brain of Ramsgate strikes again.

Quote Originally Posted by simondenmead

On the other hand ...You lot of Icelandic asset stripped, feeder club mugs. History what history [/quote]

I'm only talking the stuff that was achieved

Now he's made an utter Cnut of himself, again, he'll start with the chomping which I assume is skate code for I want to blow you, before climaxing with talk of fishing

As retarded charity thieves go, he's right up there.

Quote Originally Posted by PapaLazarou
    'We'll be happy just having a club to support', they proclaimed from the rooftops. No surprise they're not sounding quite so convinced now that the reality of potlessness, crap football and win free runs is really starting to bite. Makes you wonder just how far they thought their begging bowl revenue would stretch ?
    I said at the time I never wanted them to go bust just spend years in our shadow.It's going well.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011