+ Visit West Ham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: India to Mars

re: India to Mars

Quote Originally Posted by frogiron
    It is humbling to see that the level of intelligent and considered discourse remains at a standard which would not embarrass Albert Schweizer.

You fu(king mongs

What's your fu(king problem? We all get het up up about possible wars in the Middle East, or with Russia, but all that will pale into insignificance compared to the reactions of an advance alien race once they've found out that one of their exploring buddies has been bum raped by 3 or 4 toothless astronauts!

Thats inflated me no end, not am i only a mong, i get to fv.ck also. Things are looking up.
    You, Sir, are double Mongy.

[/quote]

Ah, twice the fun.

400 million Indians have no access to electricity.

600 million (one third of the population) have no access to a proper toilet.

43% of children under 5 in India suffer from chronic malnutrition.

Until 2012, India was the largest recipient of aid from the UK - around £220m a year - although this is to be stopped in 2015.

Yet they have just sent a probe to Mars.

The defence is that the programme will develop technologies which will, eventually, benefit the poor of India.

I admire their drive and determination, and am fascinated by the country, its culture and its people, but I can't help questioning whether their priorities a bit skewed.
    Possibly but you could say the same to a lesser extent about Europe and the US with the amount of people living on the breadline.

However, it was interesting that theirs was the first to achieve a perfect Mars Orbit at the first attempt and also the cheapest at 25% of the US program. Makes you

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerman69

Possibly but you could say the same to a lesser extent about Europe and the US with the amount of people living on the breadline.
    HM - Living on the breadline? In Europe? Nobody lives on the breadline here mate. People do not starve to death in London or Berlin or Madrid. Kids of 10 do not have to go out to work to support themselves and their siblings in Manchester or Copenhagen. The type of poverty in India is wholly different to that in Europe and the US, surely.

I DID say to a LESSER extent but people do starve here mate and there are people in Europe and the US with nothing.

40 Quid a week the guy below. I'd say that was the breadline. Definitely low enough to make you question the amount of money in Space Travel - view external link

"when he died of malnutrition in August last year, Mr Wood had obsessive compulsive disorder, Aspergers syndrome, phobias of food, pollution, paint fumes, and social situations, and cognitive behavioural problems".

I don't wish to be argumentative HM, but this is not a case of starvation, it is a case of neglect of the vulnerable by a benefits and healthcare system that is fu(ked.

Not the same thing as millions having no benefit whatsoever, living on the streets, cutting hair or cleaning ears at the side of the road for a few coins.

yes but 40 quid a week is the breadline mate, you cannot live on that in the UK...that was the point I thought I had made above from this article...apologies for the confusion

No one lives on £40 per week either. The minimum is £60 per week for a single person living alone and your rent and is paid separately. £60 per week is enough to watch TV and eat.

Froggie. White socks are best!

Quote Originally Posted by only1salty

Froggie. White socks are best!
    Shameful Salty. Just shameful.

again...see article

PS WRONG BOARD !

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)