+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 'Twas Almost a Year a go

'Twas Almost a Year a go

So i typed out a great thread, but then i got logged out and it was all lost. Truth is, it was brilliant, but i canna be ****d to type it all out again.

So, to summarise the greatest thread that ever was started.

Derby County 4 - 4 Ipswich Town

Derby's starting line-up that night:

01 Grant
    02 Smith
    03 Forsyth
    04 Bryson
    25 Buxton
    27 Whitbread
    16 Davies
    19 Hughes
    18 Sammon
    09 Martin
    10 Ward

And ze bench;

11 Russell
    12 Jacobs
    13 Deeney
    14 Eustace
    20 Bennett
    28 Hanson
    29 Lowe

I have absolutely no doubt that this team is far more equipped for a top two place this year. Just look at the bench! We only added Wisdom for Smith, Dawkins and Bamford to that team.

I have completely discounted Thorneinho, because it makes me cry talking about him - and i think he'll play a similar amount of games to last season.

Just look at the bench, though. We win tonight, and we will be 7 points ahead of last season.

re: 'Twas Almost a Year a go

Looking at that bench...

I thought we might have seen Hanson appear on the bench by now. by all accounts he had a decent pre-season, and was mooted by some that he may be an option to replace 'he who is too upsetting to mention'?

The loan of Omar scuppered this I guess. In the main I am happy with our loanees, but it is stifling some of our youngsters in getting a chance.

Derby are making noises about being very pleased with our u18 & u21 sides, but the brightest prospects seem to have a loan player in front of them in the pecking order.

If they are not going to be good enough, then fair enough, but I am worried Hanson, Lowe, Bunjaku, to a few will stagnate without opportunity to play competitive games

EDIT: Just seen Dawkins in injured for tonight. Will we see Claero on the bench? I hope so, whilst not the prospect Ibe seems to be, it does look like he would be good enough to challenge for a place in a Championship side.

rule 1 dave - always 'copy' the text if you typed a lengthy post out allowing you to paste it when it's logged you out...I almost expect it to happen.

Deeney was still here a year ago?! I think that fact alone is enough proof that we have come on leaps and bounds in a year.

Ratty, if the fact that this time last year, we had Saul Deeney to rely on as our back-up keeper isn't enough to convince you that we have improved and improved a lot then nothing will!

Ah Deeney, the back-up keeper who was not good enough to be back-up keeper when a back-up keeper was needed - so we had to loan one.

Quote Originally Posted by dcfcdavecov
    Ah Deeney, the back-up keeper who was not good enough to be back-up keeper when a back-up keeper was needed - so we had to loan one.
    Must be quite depressing as a keeper to be a back-up, but when the first team keeper gets injured or suspended your club is forced to bring in emergency loans and you still remain a back-up.

Long gone are the days of our keeper worries where we'd have to loan in some **** from another club for a month. So refreshing to have two very good goalkeepers in Grant and Roos, who I think has a great future. Brad Jones still remains the worst keeper I've ever seen play for Derby and that is no exaggeration.

Deeney must have had something on Clough to have ever been signed for the club!!

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)