+ Visit Southampton FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Spam..

re: Spam..

Quote Originally Posted by Brockley_Jack
    Can anyone be bothered and do they have the time to set one up are the questions?
    See the link.

I know it's rough around the edges, but seriously, that took me all of 3 minutes to get set up. - view external link

When the network went tits up over Chrimbo, Kel on the Cambs board set up an emergency site for us all to talk fekwittery on.

It'd be a shame to leave this place but the powers that be are making it more user unfriendly by the day.

I set that test site up just to see what was involved - have to say, very little.

The pro boards ones are good, that's what the West Ham lads and Kel used.

My missus has used a horsey site that's hosted by pro boards and swears by it.

I just grabbed one of the first freebie ones I found - I'm sure the ProBoards are just as user friendly & easy to set up.

TBH, this wasn't really intended to be a permanent fixture, but I might reconsider if there was enough interest to justify it..

I think we'll just have to see how things go on here.

Aye - a lot will depend on the FM Admins and how they decide to raise revenue from these boards.

Quote Originally Posted by Brockley_Jack
    I see the Hammers have sorted it!
    That's the obvious answer. It seems to be what the inhabitants of Stoke & Sunderland Mad did when the "upgrade" kicked in. Can anyone be bothered and do they have the time to set one up are the questions?[/quote]

It took a day or so to get ours up and running thanks to Bonzo. He watched a Youtube video on how to do it, recruited a couple of admins with some HTML skills (to calm down the colours etc) and now the site is a beaut...no ads, no swear filter either (handy when Julian Dicks keeps getting filtered out) and you can post video etc and the most important thing is that it never says 'Cannot Reply' on Match threads like this site kept doing

Last straw for us was when they blocked '*******er' so noone could log in. WBA and Burnley lads got that reversed but the guy said it was only temporary...so off we went ... See link. - [url=http://westh

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerman69
    .no ads, no swear filter either (handy when Julian Dicks keeps getting filtered out) and you can post video etc and the most important thing is that it never says 'Cannot Reply' on Match threads like this site kept doing

Last straw for us was when they blocked '*******er' so noone could log in. WBA and Burnley lads got that reversed but the guy said it was only temporary...so off we went ... See link.
    Been messing with something similar myself - STL.

As you say, it looks like it's only a matter of time before the anti-******* (or subscription) is back on here so no harm in looking at alternatives before that happens.

To be fair, the first software I looked at I went with and it already has plenty of advantages over FootyMad - no adverts, embedding videos is a breeze, the avatars work (!), and it looks good on laptops, tablets & mobiles alike.

Have to say, it was actually quite good fun setting (and tidying) it up.. -

Quote Originally Posted by PapaLazarou
    .no ads, no swear filter either (handy when Julian Dicks keeps getting filtered out) and you can post video etc and the most important thing is that it never says 'Cannot Reply' on Match threads like this site kept doing

Last straw for us was when they blocked '*******er' so noone could log in. WBA and Burnley lads got that reversed but the guy said it was only temporary...so off we went ... See link.
    Been messing with something similar myself - STL.

As you say, it looks like it's only a matter of time before the anti-******* (or subscription) is back on here so no harm in looking at alternatives before that happens.

To be fair, the first software I looked at I went with and it already has plenty of advantages over FootyMad - no adverts, embedding videos is a breeze, the avatars work (!), and it looks good on laptops, tablets & mobiles alike.

Have to say, it was actually q

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast