+ Visit Sheffield Wednesday FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 18093

re: 18093

'Katchouro' wrote at 21:07 on 01 Oct:
    I imagine the 30k crowd drew more cash, both in ticket sales and various other club related purchases - but you continue those rates throughout the season and you'll get some very angry ST owners.

The gamble to take would be for Mandaric to set the low prices for season tickets - would be an extremely brave decision.

18k on a school night not a bad crowd for a team as poor and dour as Wednesday - but you do create a rod for your own backs with all the MASSIVE support bravado you constantly spew. Don't be upset when others take the p!ss when you draw a 'poor' crowd.

She's back look, the question dodger.
    To hear you pigs talk you'd think you were a top premier league team.
    The only reason your crowds are decent is because of the prices, simple.
    Now phukk off Trotsky.

Quote Originally Posted by blademark
    Pig logic = Take the wee wee out of 30K attending because it was cheap...then week after take the wee wee out of 18k attending and no mention about price.
    Banter aside, if ever we needed justification for making football affordable, there it is.
    I'd be interested in knowing which game grossed the highest ?[/quote]

Considering our catering department is outsourced to Linleys, I bet there wasn't much in it. But as said in the thread, what would be the point in purchasing a season ticket?

There are thousands of pricing structures and plans the club could come up with, but it's extremely difficult to cover all groups of people who attend games.

I believe the club is heavily disadvantaged by it's current and past financial position. Look up the road at Leeds and how their commercial income differs from ours, there is a huge difference which I hope the appointment of Paul Bell will

Quote Originally Posted by Katchouro
    I imagine the 30k crowd drew more cash, both in ticket sales and various other club related purchases - but you continue those rates throughout the season and you'll get some very angry ST owners.

The gamble to take would be for Mandaric to set the low prices for season tickets - would be an extremely brave decision.

18k on a school night not a bad crowd for a team as poor and dour as Wednesday - but you do create a rod for your own backs with all the MASSIVE support bravado you constantly spew. Don't be upset when others take the p!ss when you draw a 'poor' crowd.

I was gonna give you a like for the first three lines of your post Katch..I was actually thinking Yep, agreed, very good that...

Then I read the last paragraph and thought, nar...

He's still a tosser!

Yes...A proper judy finnegan that one!

Quote Originally Posted by Tawnyowl24

The BBC reporting that Wendy is the cheapest ticket in football has blown apart another MASSIVE myth.

Livingsocial this week is it?

Quote Originally Posted by lansdowneoldskool

The BBC reporting that Wendy is the cheapest ticket in football has blown apart another MASSIVE myth.

Livingsocial this week is it?[/quote]

Same owd same owd from lanzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz downeoldskool

You're the expert on Myths being a Blade an all...anyway, the offer still stands gutless.

Oh dear yet another uneducated simpleton who can't understand statistics or logic and uses selective quotes from tables with a variety of data that obviously baffles his puerile and jealous little mind.He must be a Tory Minister - Lord Frued, Georgie Porgy Pudding and Lies Osborne or Iain Duncan Smith maybe? Such is his selectivity and desperation.

Still if we are to use his rather idiotic and crass methods of analysis and say - wrongly use the price of the cheapest season ticket as a benchmark for the size of a club or their potential - then he will find that Chesterfield, Milton Keynes Dons, Swindon Town, Oldham Athletic, Port Vale, Preston North End Notts

Oh dear.

I'd rather the BBC be associating my club with some bad research regarding ticket prices, rather than making newspaper headlines for considering resigning a convicted rapist...

does tha ever get owt right porky

Just seen this offer on twitter. Fair play with it being for charity but don't try telling anyone Utd don't do ticket offers. £2.50 donation per ticket.

The Children’s Hospital Charity have been donated 2000 tickets
    10 minutes ago | Nathan Batchelor
    Share on facebookShare on twitterShare on email
    The Children’s Hospital Charity have been donated 2000 tickets from Sheffield United for this Tuesday night’s game against Yeovil. These tickets have been donated to raise funds for the Children’s Hospital Charity. With the SDSJL partnership the charity want to pass on this offer to all league players, families and their friends.

£6 for 2x tickets, £10 for 4x tic

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)