+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Loyalty - how long before it's terminal?

Loyalty - how long before it's terminal?

I have been a loyal supporter of Steve Davis since he joined the Alex as Assistant Manager and I will remain so until the day he eventually departs. That does not mean I cannot complain. I am hurting.
    I feel that Steve needs to stand back for a week; spend time with a mentor (he must have one in the footballing world); and work out what has gone wrong and what he, or anybody, can do about it. James Collins and Bakes could manage the team for a few days, while Steve cogitates a solution.
    I don’t believe that this is a Board problem, other than maintaining solvency: this is a management problem. Since winning the JPT we have never, or very rarely, looked the exciting and entertaining side I devote my time and miles to. It is definitely an attitude problem – on and off the pitch.
    There is no quick fix. One or two wins will not solve the problem. We need to be playing entertaining football or within a few weeks gates will drop below 3000, and that is a serious situation for a club with so

re: Loyalty - how long before it's terminal?

Yes Steve has not got the Players behind him,and that can be Fatal,he has like many made some really bad choices with Players,and wasted time putting things right.
    As far as the Board is concerned I hear some supporters saying "We can not afford to bring in Experience Players".Lets NOT FORGET this Board Voted YES to giving one of there Cronies 3 million of the clubs finances to rescue his failing business,the question is now! When are they going to Rescue the Club.I don't have any confidence in any of them, to may Dinosaurs on the Board,we need a FRESH approach and a new beginning,the model has Failed.and that's because the Academy at this time in question has taken all the money from the team along with NH.