+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Fans starting to show pity rather than anger!

Fans starting to show pity rather than anger!

That was the message coming across from Peter Morse last night that at the end of the match, there were very few boos and many fans stayed behind to clap the players off the pitch and apparently SD stood there and shook the hands of each player. Made me think it was his parting shot and swan song!

So maybe the fans are consigned to where we are in the league and relegation and really really feel sorry for the players and indeed the manager?

A very strange atmosphere was his parting comment.

If this is this is the situation then it does make life easier for the board NOT to act at the moment.

re: Fans starting to show pity rather than anger!

The fans deserved credit last night. They backed the team, even urging them on after going 0-2 behind. There were plenty of boo's at the final whistle but no verbal outburst.

It was weird. I didn't boo myself, don't see the point anymore. Everybody in the ground expected a loss last night.
    Any personal passion for this footballing season has already disappeared for me. I love Crewe Alexandra but why get angry when I have already accepted the fact we will go down?

We didn't boo either, never do. However, I did shout a bit, mainly letting off steam concerning the team selection by SD (mainly the inclusion of Ness). He would not have heard me though from my position in the stand. Pity he could not hear some of the comments though.

Ness was bordering on ridiculous last night. A highlight for me is in the second half - jogging out of the way of a fifty-fifty as the Notts player ran straight past him. He didn't break into a sprint the whole game.