+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SD Out

re: SD Out

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSB
    Why are fans so against MA? He has made some comments about us on occasion but so what?
    How long have you got?!!!

Seriously, I want to see us play our football on the grass not in the air (too much of that under SD recently). I want our manager to introduce our home produced players, and Adams has a poor record of doing that. I know full well what some long term Vale fans think of Adams, his 'style', his approach to the fans, his interaction with the press and so on.

Lets not forget that the Vale had a reputation for playing decent attractive football under John Rudge and, to a lesser extent, Martin Foyle. That was lost under successive managers and whilst the success has been enjoyed it has come at a price which starts to wear thin after a while. The same was true down the road at Stoke with Pulis of course and there is a shelf life for boring football and rudeness.

The new manager, if there is to be one, must be a long t

Quote Originally Posted by AlexLeicester
    Despite Steve showing us a lack of loyalty when he went for interviews at Burnley & Wolves 'for the experience', I would stick by him until Christmas at least.
    Codswallop! Did you never, ever go for an interview for another job while you still had the existing one?[/quote]

Yes, because I wanted to leave my existing position. Whether it's to better yourself or otherwise, being interviewed elsewhere showed no loyalty to Crewe whatsoever.

A lot can happen between now and Christmas, AL, so it's not about Davis changing as a Manager, but more that results could improve or remain this bad...ultimately that would be the deciding factor.

Interesting dynamic, all sitting in the stands at the 21'S game V Ipswich on wedesnday night.

We had :-

the former, former Wolves manager in Mick McCarthy,
    then another former Wolves manager in Dean Saunders
    and then finally as you suggest the former wannabe Wolves manager in SD.

Made me chuckle anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by AstonAlex
    Why are fans so against MA? He has made some comments about us on occasion but so what?
    How long have you got?!!!

Seriously, I want to see us play our football on the grass not in the air (too much of that under SD recently). I want our manager to introduce our home produced players, and Adams has a poor record of doing that. I know full well what some long term Vale fans think of Adams, his 'style', his approach to the fans, his interaction with the press and so on.

Lets not forget that the Vale had a reputation for playing decent attractive football under John Rudge and, to a lesser extent, Martin Foyle. That was lost under successive managers and whilst the success has been enjoyed it has come at a price which starts to wear thin after a while. The same was true down the road at Stoke with Pulis of course and there is a shelf life for boring football and rudeness.

The new m

agree with Mike here,we need a manager who gets results here whoever that maybe.We also need to know what ambition we have,if the board dont care what league were in,then they should tell us that,then we can decide whether we want to carry on paying to watch a club with no ambition,which is only fair to fans who fork out every week and especially season ticket purchasers,who spend hundreds in advance.surely this business is all about results ,apparently not at Crewe.Davis has had ample time to turn things round,hes failed to do that.When do we call time on his reign.Sooner rather than later Ihope.

Picked this user so Im on sky sports news and final score every week

Football is all about the 1st team as Mikesb keeps telling us.
    Do many fans know how the youth teams are doing this season. Do many of us really care? No. Why? We pay over the odds to watch Crewe Alex on a saturday or tuesday in a professional football league. We want to see them win but accept we wont win every game. We would prefer to see them play a certain style of football but again wont mind as long as they put in 100% effort. We love to see young local lads in the team go on to achieve great things in the game and makevthe club money.
    The manager is the leader of all this. In dario we had a legend who we trusted for many years...Dario earnt this trust from all at the club.
    Steve had this last season which was close to a disaster until a great
    escape.
    Can anyone seriously say he deserves more time? The football is terrible our tactics are negative..signings poor..team motivation and effort non
    exsistent..attendances going down & down. He doesn't seem to be able to change anyth

I concur with Alexsi how long can it go on with no action from the board. SD created this team and how they play he is ultimately responsible for results and as they say it
    's a result game. The crowds are diminishing at about 500 per game and will continue to fall as we are not competitive can't score and let goals in for fun. Keith Hill a good shout but I also would say John Pemberton good reputation for bringing through young players and currently plying his trade as assistant at Bristol. It will take a miracle to stay up so maybe we should start planning for next season already clear out the deadwood and instil fresh ideas with a new man.

Agree with every word, well said. Sadly, Davis is proving himself to be totally inadequate. This has been coming for a long time - our form straight after Johnson cup victory was terrible, much like the whole of last season and this. Does he even know his best team? Do the same team play more than once? Does he have any tactical nous? Does Davis know how to change a game with subs while there is still time to make an impact? I think I know the answer to this and it gives me no pleasure to say that Davis should go - Most other clubs would have already done the deed by now. Maybe Davis had reached his level with Nantwich. He is really annoying me know with his press conferences where he claims he is still positive - Positive!!! after two 3.0 home defeats and the same mistakes over and over again, why is he positive ffs! My guess is the players don't rate him and this will end in a shameful season with relegation - bet Davis keeps his job though!

Interesting caller on RS tonight. Jules H. who is has been in close contact with the club concerning various books he has written, seemed to suggest that all was not what is seemed at the club. As far as finances are concerned, these are being sorted out and a statement should be forthcoming in the summer. He reckons that SD has not been given the full financial backing and in fact, reading between the lines, the manager has been pretty handicapped as far as signings are concerned, hence the number of loan players we have gained. Sounds to me that poor old Davis is on a hiding to nothing and it would not matter who we replaced him with, they would fare no better.

Although SD has his faults (largely tactics, team selections, etc.), I am beginning to think that we might as well get behind him as best we can. His hands are obviously tied, although I do realise that it is very difficult for fans to get excited with the football on offer right now. As I have commented before, this m

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast