+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Have we got to go up this year?

re: Have we got to go up this year?

Trouble is while there is a higher league than the one your in (us in this case) its natural to want to be in it course it is, I'd love nothing more than to be up there with forest and for both of us be established but it scares the daylights out of me when wondering what the hell we would need to do and spend to achieve it.

Lets be honest with ourselves, how many of our players do you think could hack it in the PL, lets not delude ourselves and say all our main players are PL quality, yes they are quality players for the championship but are they PL...I'm not so sure.

Leicester is an exception because they built that squad over the least few years, they sold the weaker and replaced with better while keeping all their stars, we saw the results last season and for now they appear to able to hold their own in the PL, now take Burnley and QPR, were their squads better or worse than ours last season or were we equal would you say, have they added quality to there squads this season? Its

yes lets hope so

This was something that was discussed in the pre-season I think.

Can't remember what I said, but I think yes, judging from the early results, there's no real strong push from the demoted teams apart from Norwich.

We could get Newcastle, Burnley and QPR next year and you'll be expecting them to be having another real go for the autos.

The table shows that most of the top teams are evenly matched, so this does represent your most serious opportunity to go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by SlimyLimey
    We have to go up this season... I am 74
    I'm just impressed you know what a keyboard is.

Quote Originally Posted by Rapid
    no we don't. but we will. does that answer your question ;-)

if we were going to lose player we'd have lost them last summer when martin had 12 months on his deal and before all our key players signed 4 year contracts. great work by sam rush there.

any key player that goes now will command a ridiculous fee, which can only serve to improve the squad even more. otherwise this group of players will play together for some time and continue to improve.
    Very well put.

We are in an excellent position, so exciting to be a Rams fan at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Romanis
    This was something that was discussed in the pre-season I think.

Can't remember what I said, but I think yes, judging from the early results, there's no real strong push from the demoted teams apart from Norwich.

We could get Newcastle, Burnley and QPR next year and you'll be expecting them to be having another real go for the autos.

The table shows that most of the top teams are evenly matched, so this does represent your most serious opportunity to go for it.
    That's a good point but last season who'd have thought that Burnley would go up? People say the Championship is getting stronger and stronger every season, or is it? Is it not just levelling out by the fact that the teams who come down aren't another level above the teams in this division?

I don't really fear anyone in the league this season. There's not a side I look at and think they'll definitely win the league unlike previous years. So yes this is a good opportunity f

our senior member slimey

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)