+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Steve

Steve

Those of you who have read any of my previous posts will know that I have been a big a supporter of Steve Davis. I also try and come at things from a positive point of view and take into account our resources and have realistic expectations of what I think the club should/can achieve.

I am still a supporter of Steve Davis. I am grateful for some great times that we've experience during his tenure. Yes, he inherited some good players... but they were not performing anywhere near their potential when he took over and he got us going again. We experienced great success and I will be forever grateful for the two wembley victories that he led us to.

However, I now feel that it is within the interest of Steve AND the club that he steps down. There feels as though there is something going on at the club... I don't know what, but it doesn't feel right. I'm sure that a lot of this isn't Steve's fault, but it appears to me that he has lost his magic touch. We cannot carry on getting thrashed,

re: Steve

Sentiments understood, ODA, but this does read a little like an obituary!

It may read a little like an obit, but ODA's post touches on a number of issues in a rational and considered way.

Leaving aside Steve's record, and very few Alex manager's have what looks like a good record on paper as we have spent so long in relegation battles, the Club have several questions to answer. Even Dario's win/loss record isn't great due to long years in the second tier hanging on.

My main criticism of the Club, raised by ODA, is their appalling public relations. There is a constant theme on so many posts that can be summed up as "What is going on?". Yes, we can't know all the ins and outs, especially where legal matters are concerned, but since the beginning of last season the official website has published a series of inept, badly written platitudes that either skirt around subjects like injuries or totally ignore the more substantive issues.

It's high time that a more professional approach was taken to the Club's PR. There are always countless spelling, grammatica

The point about Colclough is a key issue in my opinion. Here we have a talented footballer, who could make a big difference in the way we play. Against Tranmere, over a year ago, this young man showed off his considerable assets. He tore them apart and also knew where the goal was. Instead of the useless loan signings, Colclough could have been a ready made replacement for Moore. However, we are told absolutely nothing of his progress or his whereabouts. Pathetic.

Turns out we all talk b@//@(ks sometimes... Even me.

Still under no illusion that this isn't going to be anything but a long, hard season. But I'm delighted that Steve and the team have got their 'mojo' back!

COYR

Quote Originally Posted by One_Dean_Ashton
    Turns out we all talk b@//@(ks sometimes... Even me.

Still under no illusion that this isn't going to be anything but a long, hard season. But I'm delighted that Steve and the team have got their 'mojo' back!

COYR
    Nice one ODA. Your first post was written at a time of the deepest doom and gloom, and was a considered and well-thought-out comment. This one is back to jaunty, positive, Mr Optimism ODA.
    I do however feel that one of your comments is worth re-examining. I too feel that there is something amiss in the upper echelons. The Board cannot sit back on the recent, and hopefully on-going, on-field success. There is an itch that we as fans and posters keep scratching: unless and until it is opened out and some fresh air gets to it, then it will not be resolved.

I'm a simple fan; not bright enough to join a Board, but even I can smell something unpleasant. Three wins, two clean sheets, and a jump in points is fantastic a

Oh, don't get me wrong AL... I was only refering to my comments about Steve. I still stand by the rest.

However, it does emphasise the fickle nature of us supporters. When we were getting spanked every week, we all wanted to know what was going on at board level. 3 wins on the bounce and one of our promising players acquitted in court and no on seems to care about it as much... I'm not even sure I do!