+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Globe Inn Howff Doonhamers Queens charity calendars...?

re: Globe Inn Howff Doonhamers Queens charity calendars...?

You must have read my mind Tam as yours was doon for delivery today - hope to see you at Livi.

Collected mine today,and,once again another great collection of images.
    Regarding the second picture on January's page...
    This game has always puzzled me.
    For years I had always believed that the game pictured was the first game I ever attended at Palmerston.(January 23rd 1965)
    Since then,I actually found out that the first game I saw was the week before(at Palmerston)when we beat Brechin 5 v 1.
    Henceforth the following eternal devotion to the Supersouth.
    I was definitely at the game but I cannot recall the game pictured being abandoned,and can anyone confirm that Queens were winning 1 v 0 at the time?Which was my recollection!
    Every record book that I have seen shows a 1 v 0 victory on the day,and not the date the replay that is stated on the calendar.
    Means nowt now,I suppose, but being an 8 year old boy at the time and starting the beginning of what has been,and will continue to be, a lifetime of devotion to Queen of the South FC a wee bit of "closure" may help.

OK Dirtbag hope you now get closure as this game was abandoned at half - time with the score 1 - 1 the Queens goal scored by Charlie Dickson and as the calendar says replayed in April when the Super South won 1 - 0 (Alan Smith). I have actually seen the match report which club historian has in his collection.

Thank you. "Mystery" solved.

Thanks to Bruce for the charity calendar, Queens badge and squad photo. Cheque will be in the post tomorrow.

Many thanks, Bruce, for bringing my calendar up to Almondvale last Saturday.

I still think the collage covers are one of the best bits. Don't judge a book etc. etc.

Some nice touches of humour this time - unofficial opening of the Palmy bogs is well documented!

Always fun trying to date the photos by the hairstyles.
    Maybe why I had such difficulty with the reunion pic with all those baldies!!

A great job once again and a snip at the price. These should be zooming round the globe...err world... for Xmas.

Do you have any calendars left and if so are there more available in the Globe ?

Two of my work mates would like one each after seeing mine .

Yes mate I can confirm that the charity calendar is now back in stock at the Globe Inn, High Street, Dumfries - thanks for you and your workmates support

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)