+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 10 Match Evaluation

10 Match Evaluation

Kenny says you can't really evaluate a squad until they've gotten to the 10 match mark. Well, here we are and I'm wondering what you all make of the squad. I have watched three matches (Norwich, Rotherham, Reading), listened to most of the others. I usually miss the weekday matches due to work. But I'll give my 2 cents anyways. Thought I'd evaluate each position group on a scale of 1-10.

GK - 8

Ikeme seems to have been just as good as last season. I feel very comfortable with him in the squad. Makes all the saves, usually makes the correct choice on an incoming ball. Not afraid to come out. Seems to communicate well with the defense. Distribution could be better, playing the ball not his strong point. But definitely not a problem on the squad. McCarey hasn't got much match time, so nothing to really go on there.

Defense - 7

I really like our CB pairing. What Batth and Stearman lack in pace and ball skills, they make up for in positioning and strength. Hard to po

re: 10 Match Evaluation

Very good Mich!

My evaluation...

Ikeme...Done very well but 6 goals in 2 has got to knock him, no matter how they came about!

Full backs...Doherty and
    Golbourne have been excellent both in defence and attack!

Centre Backs...have both been excellent. Danny has improved on his distribution massively and Stears has been a revelation, bursting with confidence and playing football. Over confident? Got bullied last night! Needs to know when to play and when to keep it simple!

Centre mids...Kmac has always said, his own words, the first half of his season is always the worst and its showing! Evans has come on loads but lacks experience but he and Kmac the best pairing! Saville, dont like him! Not my type of CM! Rowe played well last night but feel he punching above his level! Edwards, if hes fit play him! In this set up, were better with him in the side! Will always be a scapegoat but he always seems to prove his doubters wrong!

Wingers...Henry has done well but always feel he's only

Mich for a guy that far away you must have bloody good eyesight as I don't think you are far of the mark. A very decent summary but its the next ten that worry me after Huddesfield fiasco and initially I thought the first ten would be our hardest.

Quote Originally Posted by greystone16
    Mich for a guy that far away you must have bloody good eyesight as I don't think you are far of the mark. A very decent summary but its the next ten that worry me after Huddesfield fiasco and initially I thought the first ten would be our hardest.
    Spot on, Greystone. Mich's perception from afar never ceases to amaze me!

A well thought out post Mich, i can't really pick anything out of it that i disagree with. A few points of my own really.

1) Chopping and changing the side of late: Give players a rest by all means, but if it affects the set of the side, leave it be. One example, Lee Evans left on the bench upon his return from International duty.

2) Wolves and in particular the likes of McDonald appear to have been found out in the last couple of games. The time of the ball seems to have gone. Mistakes are being made.

Quite agree again,don't become a tinkerer KJ unless injuries or total poor performances force change. If you look at the successful sides its those that have a settled side and who use very few players over the season, the art of good management then is to keep those not playing happy which is almost as difficult as keeping a winning side.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)