+ Visit Bolton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: We need a very experienced manager now DJ for me

We need a very experienced manager now DJ for me

I'm new to the board but I've had it with Dougie now we need a experience manager now right now ...s please someone like dave jones who knows division inside out

re: We need a very experienced manager now DJ for me

Quote Originally Posted by Appley ridge crisp
    I'm new to the board but I've had it with Dougie now we need a experience manager now right now ...s please someone like dave jones who knows division inside out
    Apply ridge crisp welcome to the forum mate hope you stick around.Well theres plenty of suggestions on some of the posts on here already,but we can forget the bigs we cant afford them,and aren't attractive enough with the state we are in.Me I would like keith hill to have a crack at it.

Wouldn't say DJ was a big tbh but he seems to stable clubs and at least put them in the right direction

Well suppose dave jones isn't a big realy so maybe hes a possible.The bigs I was thinking of mostly were mackay,pulis,di cannio,di matteo etc.

Welcome aboard mate. We do need an experienced manager, Jimmy Philips who has been mentioned is not experienced as a manager.

When the inevitable happens I believe Gartside will appoint someone who will not improve things. Someone like Paul Jewell who I believe may be linked to Gartside's pet player agency.

Gartside is that untrustworthy and shifty that we cannot trust him into making the correct appointment.

We should have hired Mick McCarthy when we had the chance, big mistake not to bring him in when he was available. Just look at Ipswich now, they were in a much worse state than us a couple of years ago, no money to spend and they were close to the bottom of the league. Ipswich are now 5th and just 2 points off top.

Charlton were also in a very bad way last season and they have gone the foreign route, they have hired a Belgium manager and they've brought in a number of foreign players that have settled quickly and they are currently joint 5th with Ipswich.

I still think we should go for an experienced manager, like we should have done after Coyle was sacked, but this time it is imperative, given our precarious position.

Dave Jones is okay, but I would prefer Malky MacKay, Chris Hughton or even somebody like Steve Clarke. Tony Mowbray wouldn't be a bad choice either and he's probably a more realistic candidate.

Dave Jones isn't a bad shout but in order of preference I'd go MacKay, Clarke, Hughton.

In reality I can see us going with Jimmy Phillips. Wouldn't be my preference but I've put him forward on here before simply on the basis that he's the option that means we don't have to spend any money.

I suspect that eric isn't too wide of the mark that Gartside's pals in the agency business may dictate who our next manager is

It would make the situation so much easier if he ****ed off and stopped getting in the way of getting BWFC back to being a decent club!!!

Clarke is a decent shout to me he has been a coach for many years and learnt from the best and did a decent job at West Brom. it is worrying that Hasselbaink is 2nd on the list with odds checker another unproven manager.

Quote Originally Posted by Appley ridge crisp
    Wouldn't say DJ was a big tbh but he seems to stable clubs and at least put them in the right direction
    Which DJ is this, DLT?

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)