+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 10 games In

10 games In

Many say judge a team after the first 10 agmes of the season and that will be a reasonable pointer as to where they will finish in the league. No idea how reliable that is(someone prob has the stats!) but I'd say that derby, 10 games in and 1pt off top place in what looks like a very tight league this season are very handily placed!

re: 10 games In

Well Dougie Freedman said this Derby team he just played was the best in the championship by a country mile. Eddie Howe also said the rams are one of the best football sides his side has played against so far this season. They can't all be wrong. I'm hoping for top 2 as I can't go through that Wembley pain again. 3 times seen us lose there now.

Every season we look at the fixture list and think "this division is tough!", then we actually get to see the teams competing in it and realise it's pretty mediocre all the way through.

From the games I've seen so far (Live at iPro and on TV) there isn't going to be an outstanding team apart from us.

If we can keep improving from where we are now, and not have any horrendous injury problems, we should win the title.

I agree with Freedman, we're the best team in the division and everyone knows it.

[quote="wristslasher_909", then we actually get to see the teams competing in it and realise it's pretty mediocre all the way through.

From the games I've seen so far (Live at iPro and on TV) there isn't going to be an outstanding team apart from us.

If we can keep improving from where we are now, and not have any horrendous injury problems, we should win the title.

I agree with Freedman, we're the best team in the division and everyone knows it.[/quote]

Some are glass half full, others half empty. Wristslasher...yours is overflowing!!!

I would say Norwich appear to have the best squad. We have a great team, and as long as we keep key players injury free, then think we have every chance of top 2, and certainly the play offs. Only takes a couple of injuries though and I think the outlook would significantly change...unless Shteeeve could weave magic and replace with loans

When the league is tight, I always find goal difference is a great indicator of where teams will finish up. We all get 3 pts for a win, but GD tells you how comfortably teams collected those 3 pts and therefore is an indicator of how much luck they have relied on to date.

Looking at GD, I think the current top 4 are almost certain to end up in the top 6. Barring injuries or manager resigning through health problems :/

Quote Originally Posted by hantsram
    When the league is tight, I always find goal difference is a great indicator of where teams will finish up. We all get 3 pts for a win, but GD tells you how comfortably teams collected those 3 pts and therefore is an indicator of how much luck they have relied on to date.

Looking at GD, I think the current top 4 are almost certain to end up in the top 6. Barring injuries or manager resigning through health problems :/
    I agree with that but it also tells you about team' philosophy. like I mentioned on another thread, against b'mouth we scored in injury time because we kept attacking. many sides would have gone to the corner flag and try to grind it out. so GD does give a good indication but also an indication of how attacking their football is.

The fact that under McClaren we ahve not yet had a truly barren spell gives confidence that come the nd of the season we will be top 6 or thereabouts.

Yes injuries, suspensions and loss of form can all have an effect, yet if we have managed this without Thorne then it does show we have strength in depth.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)