+ Visit Bolton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Some thoughts on a new manager

re: Some thoughts on a new manager

We need an experienced manager.

My number one would be Malky Mackay, is we could afford him. OK he sent some ***ist texts, but this is football, not some politically correct do gooding company. Who could give a toss about that.

Failing that, Phil Brown.

Malky might just take a pay cut to get back into football, the only way he'l loose that recent history is taking a Job n doing well. Like to see skd back in some roll but carnt see it.

I'm baffled as to why the Bolton fans want rid of Gartside. He gives them everything they want: they wanted Lee out and he went, they wanted Megson out so he went, they wanted Coyle in so he came, they wanted Coyle out so he went, they wanted Freedman out and he's gone.

Gartside shouldn't leave because he doesn't represent the interests of the fans; he should leave because he does. Sometimes you need a chairman to ignore the fans, not bow to their infinite wisdom after 1 stadium protest and stick with their man to the bitter end. I'm not saying that the fans are always wrong but they're certainly not always right. If Gartside was chairman of West Ham last season there is no way he wouldn't have sacked Allardyce, for instance.

If all Phil is going to do is give in to the supporters all the time then why even bother to have a chairman or a manager. Let's just leave it to a vote on social media: the 11 with the most votes get in the team.

When it comes to picking a new manager, we do n

L[quote="Bolton_Warren"]I'm baffled as to why the Bolton fans want rid of Gartside. He gives them everything they want: they wanted Lee out and he went, they wanted Megson out so he went, they wanted Coyle in so he came, they wanted Coyle out so he went, they wanted Freedman out and he's gone.

Gartside shouldn't leave because he doesn't represent the interests of the fans; he should leave because he does. Sometimes you need a chairman to ignore the fans, not bow to their infinite wisdom after 1 stadium protest and stick with their man to the bitter end. I'm not saying that the fans are always wrong but they're certainly not always right. If Gartside was chairman of West Ham last season there is no way he wouldn't have sacked Allardyce, for instance.

If all Phil is going to do is give in to the supporters all the time then why even bother to have a chairman or a manager. Let's just leave it to a vote on social media: the 11 with the most votes get in the te

Malky Mackay for me if we can afford him. Yes, he's made a mistake, but he paid for it, and has hopefully learned his lesson.

Warren, I admire your support of the club. However, your argument doesn't stack up.

Lee - terrible appointment, never a manager in a million years, one win in eleven games. No argument about him going

Megson - no track record of success, spent millions, alienated the fans from the club, a disaster from start to finish. Never wanted at the club

Coyle - welcomed into the club, given all the support that he needed but he RELEGATED us and then did nothing to indicate that he might get up back up again. Tactically niaive and took the club downwards. Never said anything bad about the club but he had to go

Freedman - inherited an absolute mess but all he's managed to do is accelerate our demise, not even halt it

None of the managers that Gartside has appointed since BSA has progressed BWFC forwards. Each one has actually taken the club downwards. Each one has had

[quote="JimmyJazz64"]Malky Mackay for me if we can afford him. Yes, he's made a mistake, but he paid for it, and has hopefully learned his lesson.

Warren, I admire your support of the club. However, your argument doesn't stack up.

Lee - terrible appointment, never a manager in a million years, one win in eleven games. No argument about him going

Megson - no track record of success, spent millions, alienated the fans from the club, a disaster from start to finish. Never wanted at the club

Coyle - welcomed into the club, given all the support that he needed but he RELEGATED us and then did nothing to indicate that he might get up back up again. Tactically niaive and took the club downwards. Never said anything bad about the club but he had to go

Freedman - inherited an absolute mess but all he's managed to do is accelerate our demise, not even halt it

None of the managers that Gartside has appointed since BSA has progressed BWFC forwards. Each one has ac

[quote="gallopingchip"]I'm baffled as to why the Bolton fans want rid of Gartside. He gives them everything they want: they wanted Lee out and he went, they wanted Megson out so he went, they wanted Coyle in so he came, they wanted Coyle out so he went, they wanted Freedman out and he's gone.

If all Phil is going to do is give in to the supporters all the time then why even bother to have a chairman or a manager. Let's just leave it to a vote on soc

I am confused by your post, you sound like a wum but you may be genuine as well. If you really do think Freedman didn't deserve the sack and Gartside is blameless I am amazed. If Gartside hadn't fallen out with Allardyce we would deffo not be where we are. Gartside has appointed 4 inadequate managers in a row, ok he has finally sacked them but who wanted the loikes of Megson, Lee and Freedman, Dougie was not even on the radar and was completely out of the blue. Ok some fans may have been pleased with Coyle but he should have been sacked long before he was. Freedman has continuously tinkered with the team and caused numerous problems with the way he goes about his job. Ask Eagles or Kevin Davies who were treated disgracefully. His tactics were mind boggling and the football he promoted was like watching paint dry. He should have done much better, we needed 3 points from the last 2 games to get in the play offs in 12/13 , and his team meddling (playing Hall on a debut etc), meant we coul

[quote="lord_hooray"]I am confused by your post, you sound like a wum but you may be genuine as well. If you really do think Freedman didn't deserve the sack and Gartside is blameless I am amazed. If Gartside hadn't fallen out with Allardyce we would deffo not be where we are. Gartside has appointed 4 inadequate managers in a row, ok he has finally sacked them but who wanted the loikes of Megson, Lee and Freedman, Dougie was not even on the radar and was completely out of the blue. Ok some fans may have been pleased with Coyle but he should have been sacked long before he was. Freedman has continuously tinkered with the team and caused numerous problems with the way he goes about his job. Ask Eagles or Kevin Davies who were treated disgracefully. His tactics were mind boggling and the football he promoted was like watching paint dry. He should have done much better, we needed 3 points from the last 2 games to get in the play offs in 12/13 , and his team medd

A little bit of gossip. Tony Mowbray was at the Fulham game apparently. That's all folks!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)