+ Visit West Ham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reece Oxford

Reece Oxford

Not sure if already posted. Not been on for years... so hello all.
    Just wanted to gauge peoples thoughts on the fact that our 15 yr old Reece Oxford is about to bloody walk out the door to Man Utd?? How can this be allowed to happen. I just don't get it.

re: Reece Oxford

Think this story hit the press a few weeks back. I thought he'd actually signed a contract with us now. Could be wrong and if he hasn't the lad can sign for whoever he wants. It's how we got Defoe a few years back. Scholarship contracts can't be done until the kid reaches school leaving age.

daily mail stating yesterday manure, chelski and l'@rse still sniffing round the lad

Quote Originally Posted by Whiskyman
    Think this story hit the press a few weeks back. I thought he'd actually signed a contract with us now. Could be wrong and if he hasn't the lad can sign for whoever he wants. It's how we got Defoe a few years back. Scholarship contracts can't be done until the kid reaches school leaving age.
    If he's 15 he can't have signed a contract can he?

Borg has signed one -he's 16 - and looking at highlights of him playing, he could be a real player. Seen Oxford play 4 or 5 times now and have to say he hasn't stood out to me. I know he's young but I thought Burke looked much better - I suppose he's that much further on in his development though. Doesn't help that they're playing in a fairly average reserve team

Allardyce said in Fridays press conference that he was desperate for Oxford to stay, apparently he has told the boy that he has a much greater chance of getting a chance of first team football at West Ham than Man U & Arsenal who his agent is currently negotiating with.. . . . . . . . .

Complete horsesh1t. Arsenal and United have both played at least two players from their U-18's in the Prem and Champions Lg this season so I'm sure Oxford's agent was not fooled by Sam's lies. As soon as Van Gaal or Wenger get an injury then a youth player like Sanogo, Coquelin, Bellerin, Blackett, McNair, Lingard, Thorpe and Keane (All of whom have played this season) get a game. If Sam gets an injury then he either gets a freebie/loan style player like Pogatedz to cover or he devises a system that doesn't involve a striker rather than give Elliot Lee a single Premier Lg start.

Forget the money (Song and Carroll will vouch for the fact that we play good wages). . . . . . . . . . . .Reece Oxfor

[quote="bonzosbest74"]Allardyce said in Fridays press conference that he was desperate for Oxford to stay, apparently he has told the boy that he has a much greater chance of getting a chance of first team football at West Ham than Man U & Arsenal who his agent is currently negotiating with.. . . . . . . . .

Complete horsesh1t. Arsenal and United have both played at least two players from their U-18's in the Prem and Champions Lg this season so I'm sure Oxford's agent was not fooled by Sam's lies. As soon as Van Gaal or Wenger get an injury then a youth player like Sanogo, Coquelin, Bellerin, Blackett, McNair, Lingard, Thorpe and Keane (All of whom have played this season) get a game. If Sam gets an injury then he either gets a freebie/loan style player like Pogatedz to cover or he devises a system that doesn't involve a striker rather than give Elliot Lee a single Premier Lg start.

Forget the money (Song and Carroll will vouch for the fact that we pla

Quote Originally Posted by bonzosbest74

Re Oscar Borg: As things stood on Friday his move to Man U had broken down due to the clubs failing to agree a compensation package, he has not signed a contract at West Ham.
    This is what he tweeted

Happy to say I've signed my scholarship at West Ham United!! Can't wait to get back on Monday!! #WHUFC
    9:16pm - 18 Sep 14

I presumed a scholarship was a contract

[quote="TOWIE"]Allardyce said in Fridays press conference that he was desperate for Oxford to stay, apparently he has told the boy that he has a much greater chance of getting a chance of first team football at West Ham than Man U & Arsenal who his agent is currently negotiating with.. . . . . . . . .

Forget the money (Song and

Quote Originally Posted by Ironworks1

Re Oscar Borg: As things stood on Friday his move to Man U had broken down due to the clubs failing to agree a compensation package, he has not signed a contract at West Ham.
    This is what he tweeted

Happy to say I've signed my scholarship at West Ham United!! Can't wait to get back on Monday!! #WHUFC
    9:16pm - 18 Sep 14

I presumed a scholarship was a contract[/quote]

I don't know if it is to be honest? I read something to the contrary a couple of days ago, I'll try and dig it out.

Good news if true

His twitter certainly indicates he's still with us at least.

Here's what I read - view external link

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)