+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Raith v Queens

Raith v Queens

It all depends on who we have fit for this game.
    If we go with squad that played Hearts then I do not think we will get anything.
    There will not be many teams who can have 6 players out and still win games.
    I just don't see where the goals will come from maybe give Baird a start.
    Game live on T.V. and a Friday night don,t remember Queens ever playing on a Friday

re: Raith v Queens

We have Raith Rover(a), Falkirk (h) and Livingston (a) coming up in quick succession. I was one of those who predicted at the start of the season that we would not take many, if any, points from Hearts, Hibs and Rangers: but I also predicted that we would not drop many, if any, points to Alloa, Cowdenbeath and Dumbarton. The results against Hibs and Cowdenbeath holed the "if any" part of that prediction below the waterline but I think the "many" part is still valid in each respect. Despite Hibernian's sluggish start to the season, I remain convinced that Hearts, Hibs and Rangers will occupy three of the top four places of the Championship and Alloa, Cowdenbeath and Dumbarton will occupy the bottom three places. If we are to hope for a play-off place (and I think fourth is the very best we can achieve) the next three games will be crucial. The results of these games are likely significantly to define our season; we must take points off Falkirk, Livingston and Raith Rovers to have any ch

I'd like to know what the current situation is with our injured players .

A latest update from the club would be nice

I can see our league position dropping like a stone unless we bring in some loan players to cover the injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by deek5trans
    I can see our league position dropping like a stone unless we bring in some loan players to cover the injuries.
    Have to agree with you there Deek . The Club has know that several players were to be out for months at the start of the season and I personally believe we should of replace them with at least 2 loan signings to cover positions

Fridays game is massive IMO . We've lost two in a row & desperately don't want it to be three

It's true the next three games are very important for us and will go a fair way to defining our season.
    Its been enjoyable so far and I just wonder what things would have been like without having had the horrendous injury list.
    Some tough games ahead but I still feel we will have a good season.

[quote="Northfield53"
    Game live on T.V. and a Friday night don,t remember Queens ever playing on a Friday[/quote]

Queens played Dundee Utd. at Tannadice, on a friday, in the Scottish Cup 1/4 final in 62/63 season,
    to avoid clashing with the Dundee v Rangers tie on the saturday.
    The match finished 1-1, as did the replay at Palmerston,
    The 3rd game was played at neutral Ibrox, but sadly, Queens lost 4-0.
    I can still remember the crushing disappointment on hearing the score.

[quote="MUSKY"]It's true the next three games are very important for us and will go a fair way to defining our season.

Think if we r wanting top 4 we need to be taking a minimum of 15 points between now and new year

To the best of my knowledge we will have Burns, McKenna, Mitchell, Durnan and Paton out Carmichael might be fit to play but not certain, Can see Kiltie playing again as well as Fowler. With a bit more luck than Saturday we can win this. Raith have only won one game at home...we have won one away. C'MON THE QUEENS!!

Quote Originally Posted by Northfield53
    If we go with squad that played Hearts then I do not think we will get anything.
    Well in that case we won't get anything on Friday night.

We are stuck with the hand we have until players come back from injury. Think if we play like what we did first half against Hearts then we will get at least a point

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)