+ Visit Portsmouth FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: FAO - LDB --Taunton

FAO - LDB --Taunton

Had a very productive day. Rain was torrential and wind high. Atone point hesitated about paying to go in since as you know they try to run 2 races so no refunds needed.

Anyway it brightened up as did my luck for once.

Taunton is not normally a lucky course for me.
    but not this time. Thanks to a couple fo rivals stumbling at the last I had 4 winners 5/1 8/1 8/1 and a 25/1 in the bumper plus 2 each ways and the Minder got 1 winner and and 3 places e/w so came away well ahead.

Wish we had done a 10p win Heinz which would have rolled up to about £6,500

Anyway the trip was enjoyable the day strolling around Devonport/Plymouth (friday) very interesting Pubs etc and seeing a Frigate HMS ST Albans on a training exercise

The weekend spoilt by yet another inept display by Pompey. Th penalty wasn't IMO but abject after that.

As I have said we have all the qualities of a Mid Table team. Stats have supported that all season

But why does AA persist with 4 5 1 it been proven not to wo

re: FAO - LDB --Taunton

Glad you had a good day, I have been past the racecourse but never in it. Hope you visited the Hoe and Barbican whilst in Guzz as the Navy calls it down there. If I hadn't been with Scully I would never have stayed so long in the Ship Anson yesterday lunch time. Felt for all the fans who stay loyal despite being served up a load of crap away from home this season. I know we aren't good enough but as I said yesterday in addition there is something wrong down Fp for sure. What I don't know, would a change of manager solve it ? I obviously don't know but McInnes and Catlin's faces near the end summed up the day. Plenty to mull over on their drive home for sure

Come on LDB,second half was better...even though it could have ended 5-0 if not for the woodwork.
    Cant understand AA teams though...why drop close and bring on young Awfs.Where was Ertl.Have Pat and Barch gone AWOL.
    Definately agree not a pen.It was a big like someone stepping in front of a car and blaming the car.

Oh yes

have been to Plymouth sev times so done all that but always like to revisit to see what has changed etc

Went up the Lighthouse for a panoramic view and took a look at the Outdoor Lido which is looking very sad and a bit run down needing more than just a lick of paint.

Whilst thee some local nutter came along and took a 30 min dip in the swell. It was very turbulent and for a minute I thought he was off for a final swim

Sorry Scully I don't agree. it was only because Reuben Reid who had been running the show all game was taken off that we then had more of the play but still created nothing clear in the ay of chances.

I also said early doors scoring freely and often (not just in AG's) wss going to be a problem and that is still the case.

Something about Pompey and Televised games at Lunchtimes or indeed any time or day night

Can't fault the effort but it takes more than that to win.

KR

BC

a

got back

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)