+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Boycott

re: Boycott

Negotiation only works if both sides have some intention to shift from their original standpoint. Hence the point of strikes. If we hadn't had unions and the power of the withdrawal of labour then we would be still living in the dark ages.

I like the analogy Timmy, but not sure if 'striking' is the way forward. This is a situation where everybody wants the same thing (putting aside Bonehead's excellent argument for a moment) - management and fans.
    I remain convinced that the Board, in general, vehemently want success, as do we. Where one side is falling down is in communicating the problems - and that side is certainly not the fans.

My deep concern is that there is some sort of financial shenanigans going on that we are not being allowed to know.
    Is the 'silence of the lambs' on the Board because of an on-going re-shuffle?
    Is Hassall holding the club to ransom?
    Does Bowler, after leading us to glory (twice) and a long stay in the 2nd tier, feel that he's done enough and wants out?
    Are the 'lambs' really just sheep and doing what they are told?
    Is there a legal black cloud hanging over this club that is stifling the finances?

No 'strike', boycott, boos, nor car horns will answer any of those 'off the top of my head' qu

Sorry, AL. I wasn't suggesting striking or not attending matches or whatever else was being mooted. Merely pointing out to Somerset that striking is a legitimate way of putting pressure on someone and not pointless as he originally posted.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy58
    Sorry, AL. I wasn't suggesting striking or not attending matches or whatever else was being mooted. Merely pointing out to Somerset that striking is a legitimate way of putting pressure on someone and not pointless as he originally posted.
    Surprised that you did not see that one, Richard. As Timmy rightly states, his reply was to the political reference used previously. Until they take the human right for workers to withdraw their labour (providing that it is lawful), then there is absolutely nothing wrong with this method of protest. Of course, it sometimes depends on which side the fence you are sitting.

So we can either sit, attend and wait until things get better or show we are not going to stand for the debacle .

I like boneheads suggestion of a 65 minute stand up, turn around and face away from the action for a minute. As another poster stated we are the most passive of fans I've ever seen at football matches. At least this is a way of venting our frustration/ disapproval, whatever u want to call it.

I am not that clued up with shares, ownership of the club myself but for that sort of protest to happen, facts need to be correct.

Organisation of this sort of protest would be quite simple too. I'm not sure how many supporters read these threads but I'm sure if there were a good handful who were keen on this sort of protest others would follow when they got wind of it on match day.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy58

Sorry Tim, not suggesting it's not a legitimate form of protest. Just suggesting it's pointless in terms of achieving objectives.
    There's so much in the world today of holding people, companies, etc to ransom - but how often do they actually win?
    Every right to do it, I don't deny that, but to what end?

Anyway, I didn't want to deflect from the original point of this thread.
    A boycott won't work (IMO) but maybe something like was done at Blackpool last Friday may make some take notice?
    But I doubt that too!

Think thats a good idea of turning our backs for a minute(even if we miss us scoring,tee hee,like thats going to happen)

Quote Originally Posted by NEVTHEDEV
    Think thats a good idea of turning our backs for a minute(even if we miss us scoring,tee hee,like thats going to happen)
    I quite like this idea.
    It would need to be communicated to the Board beforehand as they sit facing away from the crowd (as do we all). It worked for the Ghurkas - but then they had Joanna Lumley. Who have we got?

lets stand up on 65 minutes - and boo for 2 minutes - might get in the papers /tv etc

Then we'll miss the substitutions...sorry..

The idea of us all standing in silence at a given time and turning towards where the directors sit appeals to me.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast