+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Boycott

Boycott

I'd first of all like to add that I've been a supporter for over 25 years and held a season ticket for 20 years. I've been through some ups and downs at the club in that time, admittedly, not as many as some posters on here.

I am not a regular poster but I do enjoy reading the comments, both positive and negative, by others.

Like many fans, this season has been one of frustration. I am a Steve Davis fan an do not want to see I'm go, however, I do appreciate that he is not blameless for what is happening at the moment. I also appreciate what the board have done and how the club has been run in the past. However, what is going on is just unacceptable. The most worrying thing is the silence of the board, not a word be spoken (that I am aware of).

I couldn't attend yesterday but family members did. From what they said we played 'much better', we could have hardly played worse!

Now onto my point! I walked away on Tuesday night, having had to endure another 90 minutes (regardless of

re: Boycott

With on-field confidence at a low I have not seen before, any show of lack of support for the team will have a detrimental effect.

I can understand the need to protest, but not being there to cheer the team on is not the right way.

They know they aren't performing well, but they are at least trying. I don't have a solution - taking it out on the players certainly isn't one, not en masse anyway.

I understand your point but I can't think of any other way to get the message across to the board. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Turning up and sitting there waiting for the inevitable is no fun. Looking down at where the directors sit (I presume this is where they sit, on the comfy leather covered chairs) there seemed to be not a care in the world. Unlike all supporters around me including myself who are just wondering and speculating about the future of the club. It got me thinking also about how low do I let my club go before I decide enough is enough.

I'm fed u p with our manager's same old statements esp after every game, it's not good enough now!

I get both points raised here. We need someway of letting the board know we are unhappy with the current state of things, but I agree we need to show support to the players, who a lot of them are inexperienced youngsters. I say we boycott one home game, let the out all over the media, so the players know before hand in advance whats going on. Pick a game with little away supporters expected and try and get a worrying attendance to basically say to the board listen to us or we we''re gone.

Quote Originally Posted by 1_Stewart_Evans
    The only way I feel action will be taken is by abstaining from matches

With respect, in the same way that unions advocate strikes in our working lives, I say this is pointless!

Negotiation is the way. Request an audience, a Q&A, even a one-to-one. You may not get all the answers but seeing the whites in their eyes, you should get a hint of whether they are telling the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by 1_Stewart_Evans
    I understand your point but I can't think of any other way to get the message across to the board. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Turning up and sitting there waiting for the inevitable is no fun. Looking down at where the directors sit (I presume this is where they sit, on the comfy leather covered chairs) there seemed to be not a care in the world. Unlike all supporters around me including myself who are just wondering and speculating about the future of the club. It got me thinking also about how low do I let my club go before I decide enough is enough.
    I get your point as well ... and the over riding sense of frustration that has resulted in this thread. :-)

Let's not be fooled though. The chairs may be marginally more comfy than our little red plastic ones, but the view isn't any better!
    The Directors feel deeply about this club of ours. Some have got more to lose than others, and not just financially. I'm

Boycott

For once AL I have to disagree with you.

A football club is like any other business , its success depends on the number of customers it can attract, and from thereon keep.

Something does need to be done as intransigence is always a risky thing for a football club, hence the business phrase once you stand still you start to go backwards.

We are the customers so our action will dictate the pace that things happen.

As Alex Mick pointed out we have had 18 months of struggle now, and the only thing that has changed is the of the players .

We appear to have no tactics, no team spirit and no way out of the situation.

Do you really believe that the combination of those three things affords more time ? further ?

lets start by deciding how we can help the club without killing its flow of money which prob doesnt buy much - also we dont want the other teams we play having more fans shouting them on than us

i personally want rid of NORMAN HASSELL as a first start - return any money borrowed to the main Alex account - LETS GET THAT DONE FIRST - the rest will flow - money to buy players - OUR CLUB BACK - if the other directors dont want the same i would be VERY SUPPRISED - maybe if Norman has 65% of shares - lets stand up on 65 minutes - and boo for 2 minutes - might get in the papers /tv etc

and maybe cars could beep there horns in support on passing -at 4-15

just an idea - i feel the money not available is a big problem

Dont see anything wrong in some form of direct action such as a boycott, walk out etc. Something has to be done to actually make the powers that be aware that we're sick and tired of it all. As fans, we must be the most passive in the world. At any other club all hell would have broken out by now, esp towards the board. Also, I dont get this 'its not positive towards the team' stuff. Well, its not meant to be. The team also have to take their fair share of the blame as some of the stuff served up this season has been part time standard. Dont care how old they are.
    I think '1 Stuart Evans' has summed up the mood pretty well - mugged. The board just dont appear to care.
    The sheer apathy at the moment is beyond belief.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast