+ Visit Nottingham Forest FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Immigration has no effect

re: Immigration has no effect

Quote Originally Posted by munichmemories
    Well, as we feel it necessay to berate immigrants, I watched a TV programme hosted by Alan Sugars' right hand man. Conclusion, overall immigrants make a positive impact on growth. We don't moan about Brits who emigrate (200,000 in Spain alone) or those who go abroad to dodge tax or put their money in offshore accounts. The majority of immigrants come here to better themselves, there are a few scrounges, (but there are plenty of Brits living off the state). Incidentally the two countries in Europe who have the biggest intake of EEC immigrants, Germany and the Netherlands
    Nobody really is saying stop immigration. But at the moment it is unregulated and full of holes.

Those Brits living abroad- did they go there with no money or prospects? No, they didn't. Most have bought property or have their own business. Those that retire there do so, because they have the means to retire there.
    Pointless argument.

Ask yourself this, why

You're beginning to sound like David Ca-moron. As I stated, the countries with the most immigrants are Germany and the Netherlands. Many immigrants from the EEC come here to create a life for themselves. The Polish boys and girls who clean and valet my car in Newark do a fantastic job, unlike all thos Brits who avid paying taxes by putting their money in offshore accounts.

As for taking up residence in London when there is a shortage of housing, they can only afford this by sharing one accommodation between 3-4 families.nMy son works in London 10 miles from his place of employment, the cost, £1600 per month.

If you go to places like Stratford most of the waitresses are Eastern European, why? Because the locals would rather sign on than do waitress work. We only get one life and I for one, am not going to criticize anyone for trying to make the best of their lot. Sadly there are scrounges in all nationalities and I do agree that there just be some element of discounting those people w

[quote="munichmemories"]You're beginning to sound like David Ca-moron. As I stated, the countries with the most immigrants are Germany and the Netherlands. Many immigrants from the EEC come here to create a life for themselves. The Polish boys and girls who clean and valet my car in Newark do a fantastic job, unlike all thos Brits who avid paying taxes by putting their money in offshore accounts.

As for taking up residence in London when there is a shortage of housing, they can only afford this by sharing one accommodation between 3-4 families.nMy son works in London 10 miles from his place of employment, the cost, £1600 per month.

If you go to places like Stratford most of the waitresses are Eastern European, why? Because the locals would rather sign on than do waitress work. We only get one life and I for one, am not going to criticize anyone for trying to make the best of their lot. Sadly there are scrounges in all nationalities and I do agree that ther

PS never call me a Tory again.

Next time, either will involve violence or a card,

Quote Originally Posted by munichmemories
    We only get one life and I for one, am not going to criticize anyone for trying to make the best of their lot. Sadly there are scrounges in all nationalities and I do agree that there just be some element of discounting those people who have nothing to offer, no ambition but just want to leech off the system.
    Pretty much my thoughts mm. I'm afraid the Sun has much to answer for here. You could get 999 hard working immigrants and 1 immigrant who is here to milk the system. Guess which one of those 1,000 immigrants would get the front page headline?

There is a big picture regarding immigration that just doesn't get represented fairly in the media, hence the sudden appeal of such as UKIP. Anyone trying to bleed the system dry needs sorting wherever they come from.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie
    We only get one life and I for one, am not going to criticize anyone for trying to make the best of their lot. Sadly there are scrounges in all nationalities and I do agree that there just be some element of discounting those people who have nothing to offer, no ambition but just want to leech off the system.
    Pretty much my thoughts mm. I'm afraid the Sun has much to answer for here. You could get 999 hard working immigrants and 1 immigrant who is here to milk the system. Guess which one of those 1,000 immigrants would get the front page headline?

There is a big picture regarding immigration that just doesn't get represented fairly in the media, hence the sudden appeal of such as UKIP. Anyone trying to bleed the system dry needs sorting wherever they come from.[/quote]

That's your view EP, then fine. It's your opinion.It isn't the trend though is it?
    It's definitely the

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds
    20% Of the electorate now disagree with you and it's growing.

Pretty easy to turn that around and say that 80% of the electorate disagree with you.

I just don't think that immigrants are as bad as they are painted by the right wing tabloids. My last job was at a place where around 35% of the workforce were Polish. I was recruited by a bloke in HR who knew me from a previous company we both worked at. He told me the Poles were generally harder working, had far better attendance and timekeeping records and were much more compliant and reliable than the locals. It was in the automotive textile industry where times were hard and he told me the company would undoubtedly have gone under without them. In effect, the Brits were being kept in a job by the immigrants.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds

And I think you should get a card for not being a Tory.

In fact we should have a poll to see how many think you should be carded for not being a Tory, a Labourite or at the very least a Lib-Dem.

Quote Originally Posted by Romanis

And I think you should get a card for not being a Tory.

In fact we should have a poll to see how many think you should be carded for not being a Tory, a Labourite or at the very least a Lib-Dem.[/quote]

It's hard for you to card me. I think they are all a bunch of ****s. I vote for what suits me at that particular time. I do not blindly follow a party. I look at the facts and listen to their bull, then decide.

At the moment the CONS/LIEBOUR/DIMWITS are about as trustworthy as your testicles in a piranha's gob.
    Time they had a wake up call and stop being a bunch of arrogant, patronising pricks.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie
    20% Of the electorate now disagree with you and it's growing.

Pretty easy to turn that around and say that 80% of the electorate disagree with you.

I just don't think that immigrants are as bad as they are painted by the right wing tabloids. My last job was at a place where around 35% of the workforce were Polish. I was recruited by a bloke in HR who knew me from a previous company we both worked at. He told me the Poles were generally harder working, had far better attendance and timekeeping records and were much more compliant and reliable than the locals. It was in the automotive textile industry where times were hard and he told me the company would undoubtedly have gone under without them. In effect, the Brits were being kept in a job by the immigrants.[/quote]

They won't save it. The automotive market in this country is dead and all the main players are in europe a

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast