+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Frank Munroe Book

Frank Munroe Book

Bit of a review on the Official Site
    (Sorry Frank - spelled your wrong ) - view external link

re: Frank Munroe Book

I was just reading the article myself, an insight into a friendship that lasted forty years. Not a great start when Munro punched Wagstaffe during a tournament in America for Munro's then club Aberdeen.

To care for someone as Wagstaffe did for Munro with ill health deserves respect. A good read, and no doubt so will the book.

It is a sad reminder that ex-players like Waggy, Frank and the Doog all went well before their time. I feel honoured to have seen them all play many times. That team of the early Seventies deserved more than it actually achieved IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Woking88
    It is a sad reminder that ex-players like Waggy, Frank and the Doog all went well before their time. I feel honoured to have seen them all play many times. That team of the early Seventies deserved more than it actually achieved IMHO.
    Yep - I'm convinced they would have won the League if Knowles had stayed - he's the one who would have made the difference between being a 'very good' side, and a great one.

Another ex player who used to be in regular touch with Frank was Mike Bailey as Frank used to phone him every Monday after the matches and they would pick the bones out of the match.Mike has recently been made Chairman of the ex Players Association, nice to see those lads are still sticking together.

Munro, the solid, strong, fierce Scottish centre back who marked Dennis Law in the League Cup Final not giving him a touch of the ball. In fact when you watch the game back after around 15 mins or so Dennis law actually says to his other strikers while making a shape of the ball with his hands, "I haven't touched the ball yet". For me if it was not for Gary Pierce, Munro should of got man of the match just ahead of Bailey.
    At the end of the game he picks up his winning medal wearing Dennis Law's Man City top.(the only two to swop tops)
    Yes he did get forgotten about left living on disability benefit in a council flat up in Scotland. But the shock this caused all through the people who love the Wolves made sure it would never happen again and he spent his last years being looked after by the team he gave his all for making special appearances at functions when he was well enough.
    Frank Munro set a precedence with ex-Wolves players and no others would be left out in the cold.
    Frank Munro

Spot on but by God he loved his fags but so did Waggy and didn't stop them being top,top players and wonderful club men,besides being the nicest guys you could wish to meet.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)