+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Vale player

Vale player

The caretaker has made 3 signings in 2 weeks.

re: Vale player

Yeah but I see Smurf has said that his wage bill is over £2m.

It will only end in tears I again.

Crewe A. will end in tears also and we don't spend anything?

Like him or hate him, these signings are the legacy of Adams.

While SD was making boasts about the players he'd bring in that have proved largely empty, the Vale deals must have been bubbling away on the back burner, and now they are going through.

Yet it was Adams who fell on his sword!

Things make little sense in football.

Quote Originally Posted by VindePays2009
    Beg to differ, but I suspect exactly the opposite.

Two of the three signings are young unproven players who the Vale hope will develop in the future. Exactly the sort of player that Mental Mickey would never sign. He was the one who oversaw the scrapping of their development squad, but as soon as he was gone, they've gone back to signing youngsters again.

Yes vale have signed more players than us,but are they much better than us.Not exactly setting the league alight are they.Who are the only team weve beat in the league guess who.Weve made some poor signings or at least looking that way but not either end of the league are we.We will be looked after by the board financially even at the cost of more players ,but we will be solvent come the summer ,will the vale and will they finish much higher than us,hopefully not.Of the two clubs Iwould sooner the club be looked after by our board than theirs,just wish ours was more open about things.

Quote Originally Posted by crewenil
    Yes vale have signed more players than us,but are they much better than us.Not exactly setting the league alight are they.Who are the only team weve beat in the league guess who.Weve made some poor signings or at least looking that way but not either end of the league are we.We will be looked after by the board financially even at the cost of more players ,but we will be solvent come the summer ,will the vale and will they finish much higher than us,hopefully not.Of the two clubs Iwould sooner the club be looked after by our board than theirs,just wish ours was more open about things.
    Some people can't get their heads round the fact we are run by new owners now. The previous owners didn't have a pot to **** in. The current signings have all been funded by the chairman putting money in. They are also loans in order em check them out, though the newcastle lad comes highly rated, so fingers crossed.
    You say you would rather be run by

Quote Originally Posted by whosbrianwilson
    Beg to differ, but I suspect exactly the opposite.

Two of the three signings are young unproven players who the Vale hope will develop in the future. Exactly the sort of player that Mental Mickey would never sign. He was the one who oversaw the scrapping of their development squad, but as soon as he was gone, they've gone back to signing youngsters again.[/quote]

Adams wasn't one for youth, though the streete was definitely on the cards when Adams was manager. Though page may have been the catalyst who knows.

Yes i would rather our board than yours whoever yours are.Our board have proven over the years they keep us financially sound unlike yours have.Maybe your new one is different that remains to be seen.Ihope you dont go down or us derby games are too exciting to lose.We as supporters dont always agree,but im sure we all i.e vale and Crewe would prefer us both to be in the same league .My point is even with all youur signings your not streets ahead of us in this league,whether that remains the same throughout the season who knows,but lets hope we both survive the drop eh.

Vale obviously think its worthwhile spending all that money on players to Stay in league One,where as the Crewe Board can invest 3 million to save a Directors Company,whos Board would you have? Say it again

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast