+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 'Well and United strike a deal for travelling fans

'Well and United strike a deal for travelling fans

Well done - a long overdue but welcome initiative. Let's hope the idea gets a good take up and spreads to other teams. - view external link

re: 'Well and United strike a deal for travelling fans

We've been advocating something like this on this board for some time now, can't remember who brought it up. It's a great idea, hopefully it takes on and the other spfl clubs can get involved to. It would certainly get me to more away games because the reason I don't go is cost.

Yes - it's a great initiative and here's hoping it catches on.
    Nice to see the affinity between us and the Arabs goes on.

Agreed. It is the way all clubs need to go to get their core suppport back.

For too long the working class and their kids have been priced out of supporting their club.

Quote Originally Posted by jwok
    Well done - a long overdue but welcome initiative. Let's hope the idea gets a good take up and spreads to other teams.
    Been banging on about this kinda deal for years. I really really hope the fans respond. Would be good if a way could be found to expand it to non season ticket holders. What I would say though is the merits of its success should not just be judged on these two games. The idea of cheaper football for travelling fans needs a chance to seen as the norm and allow the tide of decades to be turned and that just doesnt happen with a couple of token games.

Out of interest what is the situation regarding those fans aged 60-64? Under current arrangements United fans in that category will get into Fir Park for £5.00. However our fans in the same age bracket will have to fork out full price at Tannadice. That doesn't seem right or fair.

I expect that the Tannadice gatekeepers will accept Voucher A with CONCESSION clearly labelled in exchange for a fiver.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)