+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Febian Brandy

Febian Brandy

It`s his last match at Walsall on Saturday,lets hope he get`s a long loan from us(or dare I say buy him).
    IMO he`s much better than Byron,and if he goes we will be up the creek without a paddle.
    Another Uche/Pogba/Chuck`s in the making. - view external link

re: Febian Brandy

Nev, are you nocturnal? - or just like Maggie Thatcher?

I heard him on Radio Stoke after Saturday's game. He came over well. It would be good to have him on loan for a further period.

What sort of things was he saying? Did he sound up for the fight, and not averse to extending his loan?

The thing that worried me a bit about Brandy was that before this he wasn't quoted as saying anything. I wondered if he was so horrified at the Alex's plight that he couldn't wait to get back to the welcoming arms of Evans. What a sad indictment of our club that would be!

Let's not forgot that Wolves and Rotherham seem to collect CFs for fun, and a loan he didn't really want might have been forced on him so that he could get some game time.

in terms of 'being up for the fight', he let his feet do the talking on Saturday.

Can't see one performance forcing him into Evan's plans though. The injury he sustained may be a blessing in disguise for us in that we may get another month out of him if his club want him to get games under his belt

It as a good interview on Moan and Grumble - Brandy came over as above average intelligence for a footballer (I know, damned with faint praise!) and genuinely seemed to be enjoying working at the Alex; he was also delighted for George Cooper.

Incidentally there was also an enjoyable interview with Tom Pope, who was level headed and sensible after the Smurf's rather candid pre-match interview/spat with Lee Blakeman!

Quote Originally Posted by VindePays2009
    What sort of things was he saying? Did he sound up for the fight, and not averse to extending his loan?

Put it this way ... "I'm enjoying my football at a football team that plays football and keeps it on the floor - and who knows where I'll end up at the end of the season" ... sounds like he's hacked off at Rotherham already and grateful to us.
    Every chance he will extend on that evidence - just so long as we maintain progress and no-one higher up steps in - a la Hitchcock last year!!

Quote Originally Posted by somersetcrewe
    Nev, are you nocturnal? - or just like Maggie Thatcher?
    After years of doing shift work,regular nights,I find it very hard to sleep at night,grab a couple of our`s in the morning,couple in the afternoon,and thats it.
    A bit like Maggie,but not her leaning`s.

I hope he extends and, as ODA points out, the injury may be a blessing in disguise in that respect but:

Evans hinted when he let him out that Brandy was still very much part of his plans longer term.

Luciano Becchio has broken his ankle and is out for the rest of the year.

Rotherham ain't exactly pulling up trees in League One.

Even if Brandy wants to extend and we want to extend, Evans sole focus will be what is best for Rotherham United (which could include loaning him out again to a higher bidder).

Not meaning to be negative, just highlighting that it's far from a foregone conclusion that he'll stay.

I like him. He is feisty and competitive and his interview was upbeat and lively, would n't mind betting he's a good influence already.

vibes are good...

Radio Stoke reporting that he's training with us today and club expected to confirm extension of Brandy's loan later on.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast