+ Visit West Ham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Sterling..

re: Sterling..

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerman69
    Paolo...I am saying that any professional sportsman who is tired after 9 football matches
    It' not 9 matches though, is it. His style is a high energy one & he played a full VERY INTENSE season last year then joined up with the England squad, flew halfway around the world, where he was one of the brighter players for England then came back and joined up with pre season training.

He is 19, under intense spotlight & pressure as well as being a father to a 2 year old kid.

There are plenty of examples of players burning out too early and you lot want him to be banned from playing for England FOREVER because he misses ONE game.

Get over yourselves.

Ok...I fly all over the world with work...I had an intense year last year and I have two kids.

I had a 2 week holiday with my wife and kids in August. That was it.

I believe that Sterling also had a holiday after the world cup.

Where is the difference here.

My issue is that after a 40-50 game season next season we will hopefully be going straight into a Euro Tournament with a game every 5 or 6 days.
    If he cannot handle that kind of schedule then he needs to be omitted and we need to find someone who is...not wait until we get there and have the players burn out !

I don't have anything against him (unless he plays for his club at the weekend) but I just think he isn't cut out to play at the elite level if he cannot handle the pace of that schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by Taansend
    Paolo...I am saying that any professional sportsman who is tired after 9 football matches
    It' not 9 matches though, is it. His style is a high energy one & he played a full VERY INTENSE season last year then joined up with the England squad, flew halfway around the world, where he was one of the brighter players for England then came back and joined up with pre season training.

He is 19, under intense spotlight & pressure as well as being a father to a 2 year old kid.

There are plenty of examples of players burning out too early and you lot want him to be banned from playing for England FOREVER because he misses ONE game.

Get over yourselves.[/quote]
    Get over ouselves, whats that supposed to mean? Because i've got an opinion. If he is too tired, then move over for someone who isn't. I suggest he grows some nuts, help is win something, then he can take the year off for all I care.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerman69
    Ok...I fly all over the world with work...I had an intense year last year and I have two kids.

If you don't know then I seriously overestimated you.

Quote Originally Posted by castiron

Get over ouselves, whats that supposed to mean? Because i've got an opinion. If he is too tired, then move over for someone who isn't. I suggest he grows some nuts, help is win something,

If you don't know then I seriously overestimated you.[/quote]

There is no difference its the job I chose and the job he chose. I don't turn up because I am tired and they will find someone who is able to do the job...simple.

That is all I am asking...lets find someone who is not tired and start building a team of players who can handle the pace.

Maybe you think it is harsh but life is harsh and England is supposed to be the elite level so I want elite level players who can handle it.

Get over ouselves, whats that supposed to mean? Because i've got an opinion. If he is too tired, then move over for someone who isn't. I sugge

So much doublespeak.It is so clear...

If he is truly mentally or physically exhausted I sympathise with him.

If he is suspected of cant be bothered to get out of bed for an expenses only trip to Estonia I wouldnt blame him,but he needs guidance not a punishment of exclusion that would mean shooting ourselves in the foot.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeveep
    If he is suspected of cant be bothered to get out of bed for an expenses only trip to Estonia I wouldnt blame him
    Would you not ? Correct me if I am wrong but this was a European Championship game not a friendly.

There is why we will never win anything !

Get over ouselves, whats that supposed to mean? Because i've got an opinion. If he is too tired, then move over for someone who isn't. I sugge

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)