+ Visit Nottingham Forest FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Notts fans on

re: Notts fans on

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieTheMan
    Tricky, didn’t one of your famous goal keepers once crash his car when drunk, hit a lamp post running away from a woman’s husband, or did the lamp post stop him running over the poor chap.
    Going to hand back the 2 European Cups, are we……….
    Ok lets twist that shall we. You may defend Hughes and his actions but I don't.

Shilton, complete stupid knob, got caught with his pants down and wrecked a lamp post.
    2013 caught drink driving aged 63? fined and banned for 20 months.

Hughes, complete stupid knob, killed a man, paralysed another and left a severely injured widow to die from a broken heart months later. Not only that, the coward ran away and hid from his heinous crime scene. Serves 3 years for it.

Fast forward, to recent events. Are Forest fans revering Shilton by dancing like a monkey? Screaming his, for his stupidity?
    How you can compare the two, bewilders me.

The topic was about a horrible rapist returning to the ga

Tricky, didn’t one of your famous goal keepers once crash his car when drunk, hit a lamp post running away from a woman’s husband, or did the lamp post stop him running over the poor chap.
    So because he got caught drink driving (after we won those cups) we should give our cups back?you are saying causing death by dangerous driving whilst under the influence plus running from the scene and not reporting it and rape is on a par with drink driving?get real.
    I will ignore the part where you say he was trying to run him over as that is just pure stupid talk.

Polish
    What you are saying is that if you go out and drink drive it is OK if you do not get caught.
    If you do “Drink and Drive” then you do not know what you could or would do, that’s why it is an offence.
    If Stilton had not hit the lamp post, and was stopped from driving who knows what might have happened. Like last year when he again got caught for DaD.
    Did Hughes go out deliberately to have that collision? I don’t think so, but he did know he was “Drinking and Driving”.

Quote Originally Posted by Polish_ForestMad
    So because he got caught drink driving (after we won those cups) we should give our cups back?you are saying causing death by dangerous driving whilst under the influence plus running from the scene and not reporting it and rape is on a par with drink driving?get real.
    I will ignore the part where you say he was trying to run him over as that is just pure stupid talk.[/quote]

Shilton hit a lamppost, could easily been someones kid!

Polish
    What you are saying is that if you go out and drink drive it is OK if you do not get caught.
    If you do “Drink and Drive” then you do not know what you could or would do, that’s why it is an offence.
    If Stilton had not hit the lamp post, and was stopped from driving who knows what might have happened. Like last year when he again got caught for DaD.
    Did Hughes go out deliberately to have that collision? I don’t think so, but he did know he was “Drinking and Driving”.
    Did Hughes drink? Yes
    Did he drive like a loon, showing off in his souped up Merc? Yes.
    Did he kill someone? Yes
    Did he maim anyone? Yes
    Was he an indirect cause of another death? Yes
    Did he leg it and hide? Yes
    Did he come out of prison after serving a ridiculous light sentence and resume a career in the public limelight? Yes
    Did Notts fans then treat him like a hero? Yes.

Does Shilton and his stupidity, put him in the same bracket and tick the same box

Quote Originally Posted by HOODIE
    I will ignore the part where you say he was trying to run him over as that is just pure stupid talk.[/quote]

Shilton hit a lamppost, could easily been someones kid![/quote]
    Are you giving all your cups and honours up then,you did sign him after he left forest?oops I forgot you can't give stuff back that you never had.
    My mother ha

I disagree with the majority of views above.
    Let's get this straight, we are talking about drink driving. Is this murder? No. Is this similar to rape? No.

Undoubtedly the UK and Australia have the most stringent penalties for drink driving, including death. Even in Singapore where I am today, the Law was only recently (this century) raised to the maximum 5 years. This is from a country that has some of the harshest penalties in the world for offences.

But drink driving is not murder, it's not even if you try and take a very narrow argument, culpable homicide. It is reckless and wanton behaviour. Should drink driving even if it doesn't involve a fatal accident or serious injury be condemned? Definitely. Should an offender be punished severely, of course.

Should an offender irrespective of his status or occupation be allowed back into society after serving his sentence? Definitely and I am very right wing on certain matters, but even I will say, in this case punishment served for an

Let's also look at perhaps the 2 most serious cases of crime - rape and murder (incl manslaughter).

Should a rapist or murderer be mocked and reminded of their crimes upon release? Yes.

However, I also feel we must draw the line somewhere, if they are allowed to be released back to society. If you don't want them back, then jail them for life. But once they are released, they must still be accorded some rights and freedoms and that freedom has to include sports.

For sure some don't want anything to do with them. That's fair, they committed a most heinous crime - the pain and stain cannot be so easily washed away. But if others want to give them another chance and they take it and work hard at it, then we must accept it too.

We can disagree with it - I know I would, but we must accept it.

Now what about sports cheats like Chambers and Gatlin? Should they be allowed back? In my view - no, however it would depend on their level of culpability. If they had inadvertently done it, been

Obviously that's your view Romans and I respect that.

For me, a club is a public relations enterprise as well. It's image is as much a part of it's sale as it's.
    Having a player like Evans damages that and fans are not exactly forgiving. If you was a female supporter, would you be cheering for a convicted rapist?

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds
    Obviously that's your view Romans and I respect that.

For me, a club is a public relations enterprise as well. It's image is as much a part of it's sale as it's.
    Having a player like Evans damages that and fans are not exactly forgiving. If you was a female supporter, would you be cheering for a convicted rapist?
    I did say I wasn't keen on a rapist. I won't cheer him that's for sure, if I was male/female or trans even.

But I'd look at the crime as well. Take Mr Tyson. Would I watch him and pay good money to watch him fight at his prime after his conviction? Yes.

Some rape involves date rape and taking advantage when both parties were drunk. I'm not condoning it, rape is a heinous crime, even on a wife (not even ex-wife). A woman deserves to be respected even a prostitute. But we not talking a serial predator.

I would tolerate such a player, I might not like him, but if he's paid his legal dues and if Forest want h

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast